Thinking of moving from TNT to the new Haulover marina need input >

Thinking of moving from TNT to the new Haulover marina need input

Notices

Thinking of moving from TNT to the new Haulover marina need input

Old 04-05-2017, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of moving from TNT to the new Haulover marina need input

I have had my boat at TNT for two years now and love the service I get from the guys that put my boat in the water and get me gas. They are always professional and always go out of their way to help when needed. Whenever I see JT he is such a gentleman and always asks how I’m doing, but I’m incredibly frustrated with the service department and the office management
Can anyone give me feedback on the service and management at the new facility. I love the location and it would save me time idling from TNT.

I appreciate your feedback.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

"This is the shortened form of the full idiom, 'better the devil you know than the devil you don't', and means that it is often better to deal with someone or something you are familiar with and know, even if they are not ideal, than take a risk with an unknown person or thing."

But, I'm a bit jaded. I'm in the service industry.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ChristianGott
"This is the shortened form of the full idiom, 'better the devil you know than the devil you don't', and means that it is often better to deal with someone or something you are familiar with and know, even if they are not ideal, than take a risk with an unknown person or thing."

But, I'm a bit jaded. I'm in the service industry.
Good point, I worked in the software business for over 30 years and I was always held to the strictist standards on customer service. Since boating is my passion maybe I expect to much.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 447 Posts

you should also look at it this way - you are already "in" one of the most sought after centers in the country (and for good reason)....BTW, did you ever address JT on your issue?

If you choose to leave - someone will readily replace your vacancy...that is the reality and this statement is not to belittle your situation or grievance with their center.

Last edited by speicher lane; 04-05-2017 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Registered

I have been at TnT for years. I would speak to John. Just remember at least you have someone to talk to. At Haulover I dont think you going to find better service guys. Florida has a big shortage of good techs.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 150 Likes on 68 Posts

The grass isn't always greener, I would put your big boy pants on and address your situation
Old 04-06-2017, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

As one of TNT's vendors I can tell you Mike and Johnny take a lot of pride in what they do. They truly care about their customers. However like all things in the marine industries things sometimes go up and down due to employee turnover or attitudes that need an adjustment.
There is NO better service center in S. FL as far as techs go and expertise. I agree and would talk to John and let him know your feelings. I am sure he will take the time to listen.
That facility has stood the test of time in a business that has had more than its fair share of bad business.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Registered

Update.
I got a call from JT today and I explained my issues and he is aware and working to fix them.
He responded not because of my complaints to his staff or asking them to escalate the issue but because some from OSO sent him this post. He gave me his personal contact info and asked that I contact him moving forward.

I appreciate the feedback.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Brad glad to hear that. As a business owner we are not always aware of everything that is going on or sometimes the way an employee sees something in a different way. In my own dealings with companies I have found it is always best to contact the owner directly first rather than post on the internet. Sometimes a simple misunderstanding can unfortunately hurt ones reputation they spent years building.
I hope things work out for you.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

I would think JT would be hard to beat. And loyalty goes a long way. Just my .02 glad someone let Johnny know. He's a busy guy but will always reach out to help. Always picks up the phone when I call and to me that's important and shows professionalism. Good dude.

Last edited by thisistank; 04-06-2017 at 03:15 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.