Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Thinking of moving from TNT to the new Haulover marina need input >

Thinking of moving from TNT to the new Haulover marina need input

Notices

Thinking of moving from TNT to the new Haulover marina need input

Old 04-08-2017, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Like it or not, consciously or not - every client is rated in some capacity.

That said, there are clients were the business/client relationship is better off going through a "divorce" because there are situations that no matter what lengths are made to right a situation - some clients just will NOT be happy with the service they receive.

At that point, the business feels that the expended time/efforts are better served to multiple customers that appreciate the service offered than trying to win over one client in an uphill battle. Hence the divorce...unfortunately there is no actual positive element for either participant.

As a client, if you are not happy you should be taking your business elsewhere in order to keep your activities a positive experience - especially in your leisure time.

With regards to the marina operator who will rid himself of a client for using the haul out service too often but within contract...they should re-evaluate how they are making money or hire capable staff that can execute. Margin is made on consumable goods going into a boat through attrition, operating, upkeep and upgrades vs sitting in a rack 13 months of a year. If a client is happily using your services, they are advising others to do the same at a given location. Doesn't happen in a sitting boat... just look a PBC's success as an upstart.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

One local Marina eliminated entire Service Dept. Filled Service area space with additional racks , converted existing work racks to Outside storage racks. The additional $ 100k of revenue from Storage offset the loss of Service revenue , plus eliminated Tech payroll , Ins, delays from back ordered parts, customer complaints a year after boat is repaired and it breaks again, ect.
I know it doesnt sound like good business , but when you crunch the numbers...

Plus the waiting lists and lack of available storage eliminate the opportunity to go elseware.

Last edited by PARASAIL941; 04-08-2017 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Wow... very different market than what we have here.... there is a major need for decent techs in the industry but damn.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 832 Likes on 352 Posts

The way I see it any business that treats my business as expendable doesn't need mine.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:45 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by PARASAIL941
The Owner of one facility actually checks the logs if he see's a boat going in more than HE thinks is appropriate , ( It may be less than on contract , but more than he is happy with).
So if someone is operating within the bounds of a contract that HIS facility wrote up he's annoyed? Sorry, this would bother the heck out of me, the very reason my boat would be at his facility would be so I can use the stupid thing. If he's annoyed with that then I wonder what else he'd be annoyed at that could affect the level of service he provides.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

the way I look at it he did you a favor,,move on change is good!
Old 04-09-2017, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As the saying goes "Don't stir the pot or you will get burned". Looks like you stirred it too much.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

if you dont mind. what were the issues you had. its damn near impossible to come to any proper conclusion not knowing the facts...
Old 04-09-2017, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastboater
As the saying goes "Don't stir the pot or you will get burned". Looks like you stirred it too much.
I was not happy with the service and I guess I expected to much! Better days ahead
Old 04-09-2017, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
And?
I'm in NY until late next week, at that point I will look at the New Haulover facility. It is right next to the intracoastal and Haulover Cut. TNT is dated and offers limited parking, on a busy weekend you may have to tie your boat off another boat if you come in after 4:00. That was not an issue for me with a 10 year old CC, but if you have a very expensive boat that could be a little never racking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.