Notices

Flying Cat

Old 10-11-2002, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by T2x
[B.....Without specifically insulting any manufacturer.......Let's just say that there has never been a top notch cat made west of the Mississippi and let it go at that.

Here's a list of what I consider to be "good" Cats:

30' Shadow Cat

30' Chris Cat

Skaters........ The 24 is tad small for the real rough stuff. otherwise they are the best in the world.

The "center pod" cats don't work real well....and a lot of them are plug ugly to boot....( P.S. I know the next question ...Amazing top speed can be obtained with a bath tub......if you apply enough horsepower...... and magazine "endorsements" can be arranged based on the size of a manufacturer's ad budget in that periodical)

T2x [/B]
T2x,

I love that west of the Mississippi quote!

30' Shadow Cat...I raced one as you know and it was an UNBELIEVEABLE rough water runner!

Skaters....I have one of those "tad small for the real rough stuff" 24's and it will out run, out handle, out ride any vee up to 32+ in the rough or calm.

The "center pod cats"...well, you summed it up best. How can I top that?
Old 10-11-2002, 09:58 AM
Uncle Toys

OH YEH....well....well.....well, wait a minute and I'll get back with ya

Old 10-11-2002, 10:07 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry U.T.................. I wish Phil and I got a chance to speak with you BEFORE you made your choice.

T2x
Old 10-11-2002, 10:12 AM
Registered

T2x,

Do you think that U.T. may be persuaded to cross party lines and come to the other side?
Old 10-11-2002, 10:43 AM
Uncle Toys

Oh yeh, well explain "layup period" on your insurance contract

Old 10-11-2002, 11:57 AM
Uncle Toys

Hey Jersey bro’s, just busting your rocks a little. I know I can’t get there on the boat side of the argument, so I thought I’d pull the old ad hominem **** on you

Actually got my wife to crawl around in 36Skaters Skater at the poker run last weekend. Hoping she would get turned on. Her only comments were, “the cabins too small,” and “how do you handle the wind in the face without canopies?”

Oh well! Almost got her to go to Skaterfest last year. Guess I’ll just keep trying. In the mean time, what are the words to that old Beach Boy song, “I wish they all could be Jersey girls?”

Old 10-11-2002, 12:40 PM
Registered

While the experts are on this subject. Could you please list the cats that don't have center pods. I think T2x's list may have already done this. Thanks.

Brian
Old 10-11-2002, 12:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

T2x
Thanks for the education on cats. I'll take a pass on the Warlock and keep looking. I'm surprised the Daytona brand didn't make the list of good cats. For Uncles Toys sake I hope its not just good marketing.

A_R
I appreciate the lead but my slip is only 34'. Sticking 5' out in the river probably wouldn't go over with the harbor master. It sounds interesting though and it is on T2x's list of good cats. It sounds like its worth a look.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:44 PM
Registered

U.T.,

About the wind issue...First, they make flip up wind screens that are easily installed and work great! You may also want to consider 1/4 canopies. There is an all white 32 for sale in my home town advertised on www.skaterpowerboats.com check it out.

Shane
Old 10-11-2002, 12:52 PM
Uncle Toys

Shane, you bring up a good point. Remember on that 46’ Skater we all sat around and watched being launched. Didn’t he have some kind of retraceable windshields?

Got to mention, the passion you guys project for your boats is really fun to observe. Except for T2x, I guess he’s at the next level up.

It must be one hell of a boat for so many high-end guys to get that excited about it. Really makes a guy want to be part of the club.

Quick Reply: Flying Cat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.