Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Flying Cat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34605-flying-cat.html)

Wildchild212 10-11-2002 01:22 PM

Shane
I have to agree with you on how cats handle rough better than bigger V s. most cat owners say the same thing. I went for a ride in a baby 23' tunnel and the ride was awesome. I would own a cat in a minute, just cant convince the wife that cats are the way to go. ( She has the no cabin excuse going,) and cant afford a big cat to get the cabin. COME ON LOTTERY! :D ;)
Mark

Shane 10-11-2002 01:24 PM

Gary,

1000 Islands, with all due respect, I had a driver that had no poker run experience and no cat experience and no high speed experience. Of course I will take it easy. Miller is a great guy and did a fantastic job for his first time, but I was not going to put him, me, my boat or other people at risk for no reason. I see your point from your perspective at the 1000 Islands, but just wait for that first ride and I am sure you will be convinced!

No offense taken my friend. Remember, I can have an intelligent conversation in which I disagree with my counterpart and not get mad. Why? Because I am right of course!;) Seriously though, I enjoy a good debate once in a while.

Hope to see you soon my friend and do some ridin' this winter.

GRH 10-11-2002 01:33 PM

SHANE - Oh... now you want to race snowmobiles too!:D

Competition & Competitors.... aren't they Great!

;)

Shane 10-11-2002 01:34 PM

Race sleds? You have a nursing home on skii's! I will grant you that your boat is AWESOME! But a TWO UP?:p :eek: mmmuuwahahahahahaha:D ;)

GRH 10-11-2002 01:49 PM

SHANE - Careful now... you've never seen that nursing home have you..... remember .... I cheat;)

EvilTwin 10-11-2002 02:09 PM

Shane, I have a little twin that you could play up against.:p

Provided we even have snow! Bring the yamaha up and play.

ET

Shane 10-11-2002 02:11 PM

Don't worry ET, if we have a good winter this year we will defintiely make up and play! Doesn't look good fro tomorrow. In fact, I am not even gonna go to the lake on account of the weather. Gonna winterize the Formula Sunday.

EvilTwin 10-11-2002 02:21 PM

Mine is being winterized this weekend. I am also studding my fathers ZR this weekend. The change of seasons lets you look forward to the next boating or snowmobiling season.

Panther 10-11-2002 02:30 PM

Hustler Talon Cat

I was at the NYC boat show last weekend, and heard one of the funniest comments about the Hustler Talon Cat.

I can't say who made the comment, cause he is a reputable boat builder. But this is what he said:

"That Cat is a piece of crap, what is that cabin behind the cockpit for? I bet thats where the mechanic sleeps?"

I was rolling on the floor laughing! I think its a nice boat, but I want something with a higher freeboard.

Shane 10-11-2002 02:43 PM

Panther,

Let me guess, that reputable builder is from Long Island, and is short with white hair?