Notices

Flying Cat

Old 10-11-2002, 06:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A-R
I saw that 32' Skater. Great looking boat. The 502 efi's would be fine for me and when I got board, Whipples are the answer. First I have drive one to see if what these guys say is true.

Shane
Since I sort of started this race challenge you got into with my question about cats. If you have an empty seat when you race, I'd like to fill it... I think
Old 10-11-2002, 11:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

OK no reply. I'm leaving for Canada in the morning. If I can't find a computer when I'm there, I'll catch up with this next week. This has been fun and I've learned allot about cats and the people that own them.
Old 10-12-2002, 12:11 AM
Registered

Default 24 Skater

I joined the club this spring when I bought my first Skater. I always dreamed of owning one, so did my WIFE!!! We had a Baja, it was OK. I still have a small tunnel that I completely restored from the ground up, it was entirely rotted out, so I got to learn about the construction of boats when doing this project. I have crawled all over the inside of many boats, some other cats too, but when I got the chance to pick apart a Skater, when I was looking to buy mine, I crawled up into the front, under the dash, all over. The boat is 15 years old and looked better structually than the 99 model 40 hour old Baja I had just sold. The quality and workmanship is second to none.

I totally understood the reputation by that alone.

Then I got to drive it...... I could write a book about that.

I've driven other cats too that don't make the T2x list. There is a difference.

Shane is right-
Since I aquired the boat, it's like I belong to a fraternity, not a snooty, uppity one either.
When trimmed properly at high speeds, the boat leans like a vee when turning. So true.
Old 10-12-2002, 09:09 AM
Registered

Quiet Storm,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. We had comapny last night and I had errands to run this morning. You are more than welcome to run with me anytime my OSO friend!

Flyin'Brian,

Welcome to the family my brother!
Old 10-14-2002, 10:35 AM
skaterize

Quiet Storm. I have not replied to any of your threads but always love to lend my opinion when it comes to cats. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the Warlock. I know that sometimes a bad experience can ruin a theory, but not all cats are created equally. from all the replys you have gotten im sure you have a game plan. I can promise you that there are cats out there that will impress you. I also know that a larger SKATER can get expensive but there is alternatives. You can always purchase a good used one (skater) or look to some other cats that are great aswell. Jay at SPECTRE has an awesome 30, MOTION makes a new 30+, check them out, a cat is definitely the way to go. Good Luck, Craig

Old 10-17-2002, 02:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Shane
Thanks for the invite. I just found a internet cafe in St. Andrews N.B. Canada is a great country. Wild tides here 30'+.

skaterize
I've been on two cats so far and both times have been in bad conditions. From what I read the Skater is the king of cats and everything else just tries to measure up. Next spring I'll find a Skater to try out in decent conditions. I will probably get hooked too.

Roger