Old 04-13-2017, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you going to look at it Jeff?
Old 04-13-2017, 10:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I will be over there tomorrow. If you need me to take additional pictures, just let me know. Chris
Old 04-13-2017, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by jusabum
Spot On....
It amazes me every time I see a post about how the Cigarette or Outerlimits is over-priced, think again.
These companies are barely in business.

Nobody gets rich in the boat business unless they "sell the boat business" like Don Aronow did. I haven't seen a boat builder yet with anywhere near the lifestyles of their clientele......assuming the boat builder earned the income from making boats, not counting other sources of income.

Performance boat building is a sexy business from outward appearances but behind the scenes it is a lot of dirty hard work! I would say it is like building mansions, very few builders of those homes get to live in the level of home they build......some do but the trick is to live there through the good times and bad, not just in boom times.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Nobody gets rich in the boat business unless they "sell the boat business" like Don Aronow did. I haven't seen a boat builder yet with anywhere near the lifestyles of their clientele......assuming the boat builder earned the income from making boats, not counting other sources of income.

Performance boat building is a sexy business from outward appearances but behind the scenes it is a lot of dirty hard work! I would say it is like building mansions, very few builders of those homes get to live in the level of home they build......some do but the trick is to live there through the good times and bad, not just in boom times.
I only know of one person, besides aronow, who actually made goode money... any guesses?
Old 04-13-2017, 07:10 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jusabum
I only know of one person, besides aronow, who actually made goode money... any guesses?
Bing o
Old 04-13-2017, 09:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee
Bing o
you win a cigar !!
Old 04-16-2017, 12:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I just got back from vacation. wow..this thread got a ton of press. I just always liked these 38's.. They were a big boat for a 38 vs my 37 AT.. Many years ago at a PR I was in my 43 NT and this green..loud.. 38 PP pulled up and parked next to me. The guys name was John who I then found out previously bought my 37 Radio Active..but wanted to go faster...anyways he gave me a quick ride.1200 hp and she hauled azz.. Im just trying to get a price on the boat. Im not a fan of the power or drives but we will see.

Thanks for all the help guys...
Old 04-16-2017, 10:28 AM
Registered

I talked with the owner who has the cobra/xr boat here on OSO, thought it was over priced considering no trailer and to be honest he acted like he didn't want to sell it. Interesting how you call someone about a boat and it's like you're inconveniencing them...
Anyway, I also inquired on the black hull boat and for me it was too much money. I was a buy at 50k, simply because it sank and IMO needed a new GPS to fill the hole, interior, gauges, and probably new drives. Who knows.
I also called on Can't Touch This, the boat you referred to. Whoever had their number on the listing could not have been more rude nor could they have known any less about the boat. Never called me back with info either.
The whole time I was trying to work a deal with Robbie on the boat I eventually ended up with and honestly I couldn't be happier with it. It is solid as a rock.
Temper Tantrum looks clean, but the price I heard sounded high with bravos. Very low hours though.
I think the 38 that MDG installed konrads on is for sale also... sister boat to the first boat I referenced. Sydwayz has a contact on it. Good luck in your search, always welcome to check out mine, but I'm sure you've been around it plenty when Robbie had it.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

thanks..yes been on your boat a few times. Beautiful boat. Im just a #6 or Arneson guy...and believe it or not like a simple paint job..unlike Temper Tantrum and stock Merc Power....
Old 04-17-2017, 12:22 AM
Registered

Probably the only boat to fit that mold would be the blue hull side boat out in Nevada with 700/NXT (not sure if converted to #6's ever). I was told the owner had no interest in selling, though.

No interest in any of the 42 outerlimits/#6 boats that have popped up recently?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.