Notices

Stick a fork in me......

Old 10-10-2002, 05:49 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stick a fork in me......

I'M Done!!

Well the good summer came to a screaching halt..My good fortune has gone south again. But what else is new.. I did enjoy 60+ hrs of boating this year. Better than the last two years of Zero boating..
Well you ask, what broke this time?? Lets just say I need some drive work!!

Any one using a Max Machine Worx Drive?? It seems they have a lot of drives out with some serious power in front of them? There must be a few people using their products on the board here..

So if you know of anyone, can you let me know!
I would greatly appreciate it..

The upside to all of this boating is, they still offer home equity loans..

Thanks

Dick

Last edited by Mr Gadgets; 10-10-2002 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-10-2002, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's add your's to the database. What model drive, HP & etc. Most inportant ? is when did it blow,, comming on plane, WOT, 4,000rpm's or ???
Old 10-10-2002, 06:16 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I just had two drives done by them, -0- hours so far (Boat winterized) I will run them in the spring. I have been told by my engine builder (Tyler Crocket) That these drives are holding up very well. He does alot of race boats and has been reccomending them. It's seems logical that the tower that MMW puts in there does the job. It is a full tower and not just pressed in steel inserts. At $6,400.00 each it is not a "cheap" decision but it is less than others if they hold up.

Only time will tell but after concidering Teague, Bravo shop and others this is what I decided on. I was planning on using these as "spares" to my IMCO SC's but if they work as good as I hear I will leave them on a while.

What kind of power are you running? I have a 38' V with 700 Hp twins. The IMCO's held up a whole season with no problems I hope the MMW's do the same.

P.S. The billet top caps of the MMW's are really trick looking.
Old 10-10-2002, 06:21 PM
Registered

Ray- If your SC's are holding up, why are you changing? Figure it is better than investing in stock market?
Old 10-10-2002, 06:48 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lately , Atlantic City and Vegas are better investments than the stock market
Old 10-10-2002, 07:00 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Dick when did it happen???not Saturday did it?and I did'nt get a ride yet, oh well I'll wait for the next drive.....now you know what to say when they ask you to work some saturdays this winter! I'm pulling one of my motors soon, Monday or Tuesday night, it needs a crank...good thing its getting colder out or we might feel bad...SuperV took a run to Sausage tuck for a butler burger tonight...showoff!!!we can always catch a ride with Mitch on the Rubber Rigg!!!
Old 10-10-2002, 07:08 PM
Registered

Yeh, like tonight. I went looking for KAAMA and he never showed. The guy with the Challenger was out (I forget his name) and we looked all over. Hey Dyno, the phone number you gave me was wrong. I tried the cell but it was off. Look at the Turkey Burn Results thread and see the number. I tried 3 times and got the same people each time. I am up for a ride any night no matter how cold. The Lake was as flat as it gets. The water is 64 so the air was not bad. My home # is 399-0042 call any time.
Old 10-10-2002, 08:47 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by Turbojack
Ray- If your SC's are holding up, why are you changing? Figure it is better than investing in stock market?
Kind of a wierd circumstance, I am running 1.34 gears in the IMCO's I was not getting the speeds I expected from my set up. I was told the 1.5's are the way to go with size boat and power Something about "loading" the engine??, I had the old drives laying arround and I decided to get them in 1.5 ratio and try them and compair. At first I was planning just a regular re-build but with 700 HP I was afraid of popping them too soon so I decided to spend the extra $$ now rather than later.

By the time the switch all happend I ran out of good weather and I also bought a new home and have been busy with that too. So the 1.5's MMW are mounted and ready to go. I will run them next spring and see how they do. If they give me better performance I will then have the lowers on the IMCO's changed to give me 1.5's If they dont work better I will use them for spares and re-mount the IMCO's. Either way I have a set of spares.

And yes the stock market sucks, I would rather invest in a trouble free next summer than having down time.
Old 10-10-2002, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I am going to be doing some business with Jason at Max Machine Worx. Just got off the phone with Jason and will be buying their billet finned top cap with the studs, their new designed seal/retainer, and pinion shaft. He said they will soon have their own answer to the Bravo One outdrive to compete with like B-MAX, IMCO SC, and of course Merc. Should be interesting.
Old 10-12-2002, 08:59 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry I havent responed sooner. I have been just too busy..

TurboJack, Dyno, Raypanic, Kaama,
My boat is a 28' checkmate with a home built 565" motor. I figure I am near 650 or 700hp. I had the upper converted to XR by L&L Tech. This was after a set of diesel gears were installed and run for maybe 20hrs. Found the race on the steel tower was cracked. I had Lenard install the XR's figuring life would be grand.. Well he found the upper clutch shaft was bent and the cause of the cracked race. My local guy put the lower together the season before when the diesel gears were installed. So I had a few other problems at startup this summer with the upper, but addressed them and was doing ok till I ran the boat WOT. I was dissappointed in the top end speed I was seeing.
Well this last Saturday I made a few runs at the turkey burn. I managed to see 76mph with four in the boat. Same top end as before. I was playing the lash game with the cam to see if that was the governer that was holding me back.. and the pinion seal was leaking, but I was keeping an eye on things. Well after talking to UltraDyne about the cam, I decided to look further. Needed to look at the seal problem anyway. Well it turns out that I can hardly turn the prop shaft without the prop on it. Heavy metalic Purple drive oil.. so I am at least hoping for a few more mph when things are repaired. So it didnt actually blow up.. just got real hard to turn...doesnt matter how many cubic inches.. when the drive is stealing a bunch of power.
Max is working on a new shiftless outdrive and two speed transmission that I am interested in. I don't care to spend more on this drive, but if I have to, I am wondering how their drives are holding up. I have heard good things. But I would like to hear both sides of the story. Meanwhile I am going to tear down the lower, when I make or find some tools, and see what is so sticky in there. It seemed tight to me when it was assembled two seasons ago. I figured it would loosen up and didn pay that much attention to it. I have the Imco bearing carrier and shafts in the lower. It has always seemed tight since I got it back from the local drive guy..

So the Saga continues... I will let you know what I find.. thanks for the interest..

Dick

Quick Reply: Stick a fork in me......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.