Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Larry Goldman has passed away. Prayers for his family. >

Larry Goldman has passed away. Prayers for his family.

Notices

Larry Goldman has passed away. Prayers for his family.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:56 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Thoughts & Prayers ...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 05-30-2017, 12:04 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

He had a big group of fellas with him at conch republic in key west last year... they were checking something out on the xrated 46 skater. Talked with him for a few. Definitely a nice guy.

RIP.

Last edited by PigNaPoke; 05-30-2017 at 12:15 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

RIP. Godspeed
Old 05-31-2017, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Larry has been my best friend, throttleman for over 20 years. Every boat I have had all the way back to the original Lubejobs 35 Motion in 1999 was built by him for me.
Down here in South Florida, he was really the glue that held the performance boating- poker run community together. Besides working on many of the boats and getting them ready, he was the guy that convinced all of us to go to events and show our support to the people that worked hard putting these events together. He always wanted to make sure there was always a good turnout for every event.
Things will not be the same for me. I don't think I'm going to have any choice but sell the new Lambo boat as I cant imagine sitting in it without my friend sitting next to me. I have never felt this lost or this numb in my life.
Hopefully many will show up Sunday at his memorial so he can have a good turnout he always pushed for everyone else.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Larry has been my best friend, throttleman for over 20 years. Every boat I have had all the way back to the original Lubejobs 35 Motion in 1999 was built by him for me.
Down here in South Florida, he was really the glue that held the performance boating- poker run community together. Besides working on many of the boats and getting them ready, he was the guy that convinced all of us to go to events and show our support to the people that worked hard putting these events together. He always wanted to make sure there was always a good turnout for every event.
Things will not be the same for me. I don't think I'm going to have any choice but sell the new Lambo boat as I cant imagine sitting in it without my friend sitting next to me. I have never felt this lost or this numb in my life.
Hopefully many will show up Sunday at his memorial so he can have a good turnout he always pushed for everyone else.
So sorry for your loss Gino... that was very touching. Far be it from me to say but personally, I wouldn't be in a hurry to part ways with the new MTI - its an extremely beautiful piece with the Goldman influence/process throughout your build.....sadly/unfortunately, you will not get that again!

Condolences to all that knew him. Performance boating just took another significant loss
Old 05-31-2017, 06:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 136 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Gino, when I heard the news, you were the first person I thought of. I know you and Larry had a special friendship.
I don't have a single running shot of you without Larry in the boat.
Condolences... he was definitely one of a kind.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 05-31-2017, 07:17 PM
Registered

Thank you Jay. I appreciate it!
Old 05-31-2017, 09:53 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Gino, I know Larry handled a lot for you getting set for events and trips. I would certainly be willing to help with that in any way I can. We usually do a bunch of same events so I have no problem setting extra rooms or slips or anything else you need. If I am not going to something and you are I'll still make the calls if necessary,

Please don't give up the SV. Larry has a lot of blood, sweat and tears into that thing. He would want you to use it and enjoy it. It will be something you can tell people anytime a stranger asks you about the boat. How Larry and you designed it together and how you use it to remember him.

Last edited by Cash Bar; 06-01-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 446 Posts

^^^^ CB - ^^^^ DEFINITELY a respectful "LIKE" for your post/offer.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jayboat
Gino, when I heard the news, you were the first person I thought of. I know you and Larry had a special friendship.
I don't have a single running shot of you without Larry in the boat.
Condolences... he was definitely one of a kind.

Jay, Can you please email this photo to me in high res along with other good ones. I can paypal the money or give you a credit card. I would love to blow these up for his memorial.