reputable marine mechanic or surveyor in Austin TX area >

reputable marine mechanic or surveyor in Austin TX area

Notices

reputable marine mechanic or surveyor in Austin TX area

Old 06-05-2017, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reputable marine mechanic or surveyor in Austin TX area

Hey, I was wondering if anyone here knows a reputable marine mechanic, repair shop or surveyor in the Austin Texas area. It would be to look over a late 80's 29' twin engine (454's) Formula I want to buy.
Thanks.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

That's a tough one. I called around today to have some work done and everyone I spoke with is about a month out. South Austin Marine seemed most willing to work with me.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Don't know anyone personally, but there is South Austin Marine on Hwy 290W and up near Lake Travis on Hwy 620, if I remember correctly. They have in the past worked on go fast style boats there. Don't know any more on them, but they have been around for over 30 years. They may be a Formula dealer as their website shows a bunch in stock.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Austin area mechanic

Try Jason at [email protected]. Jason broke away from South Austin Marine to create his own business. He makes lake calls, dealer calls and house calls when needed.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by formula1
Hey, I was wondering if anyone here knows a reputable marine mechanic, repair shop or surveyor in the Austin Texas area. It would be to look over a late 80's 29' twin engine (454's) Formula I want to buy.
Thanks.
I don't know why I never thought to mention this before. I closed my business "Full Throttle Marine" a couple of years ago and retired. However, the young man that worked for me for over 10 years is doing mobile boat repairs. He takes care of many high performance boats in this area and is really sharp. I help him out occasionally too. I can put anyone interested in touch with him. I built a small shop at my house and still do some occasional engine building, dyno & EFI tuning.

Bob Lloyd
Old 06-05-2017, 10:31 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

If a full blown marine shop is not at the very least 4 weeks out then there is something wrong with that shop in Austin and DFW area. All the water levels are back to normal and boaters have come out from everywhere in Texas.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobl
I don't know why I never thought to mention this before. I closed my business "Full Throttle Marine" a couple of years ago and retired. However, the young man that worked for me for over 10 years is doing mobile boat repairs. He takes care of many high performance boats in this area and is really sharp. I help him out occasionally too. I can put anyone interested in touch with him. I built a small shop at my house and still do some occasional engine building, dyno &amp; EFI tuning.<br /><br />Bob Lloyd
<br />Funny you should post on this thread! The boat I am considering is a 89 Formula 272 SR1 with a pair of 454's that supposedly had both motors redone by Full Throttle Marine in 2014/2015. I say supposedly because the only paper work I have been able to get are the "estimates"not actual work orders/invoices for the work. Maybe you might recall the boat?<br /><br />Otherwise, I spoke to 5 Star Marine about possibly helping with the sale. I'm not sure about the service department, but sales seemed interested in helping out. Anyone familiar with them?

Last edited by formula1; 06-06-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by formula1
<br />Funny you should post on this thread! The boat I am considering is a 89 Formula 272 SR1 with a pair of 454's that supposedly had both motors redone by Full Throttle Marine in 2014/2015. I say supposedly because the only paper work I have been able to get are the "estimates"not actual work orders/invoices for the work. Maybe you might recall the boat?<br /><br />Otherwise, I spoke to 5 Star Marine about possibly helping with the sale. I'm not sure about the service department, but sales seemed interested in helping out. Anyone familiar with them?
What were we supposed to have done to it? Seems like I remember doing some work on an older formula around that time, but I don't remember what we did. My records are no longer accessible. If you wanted to pm me a picture of the estimate I'll see if it spurs my memory. Whatever was done, the guy (that I mentioned earlier) that worked for me at the time would have most likely done it.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobl
What were we supposed to have done to it? Seems like I remember doing some work on an older formula around that time, but I don't remember what we did. My records are no longer accessible. If you wanted to pm me a picture of the estimate I'll see if it spurs my memory. Whatever was done, the guy (that I mentioned earlier) that worked for me at the time would have most likely done it.
sent you a pm
Old 06-07-2017, 09:31 PM
Registered

and an email.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.