Manifold or headers besides Gils >

Manifold or headers besides Gils

Notices

Manifold or headers besides Gils

Old 10-13-2002, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manifold or headers besides Gils

Im tired of fighting to get the Gils on and off or trying to get at the plugs. Since I just melted one down and will probably have to buy a set of somehting, What other systems exit where the GIl magnum choice do so I can still use my silent choice? They exit very close to where the stock riser does. Also, are these other system easier to get on and off and can you get at the plugs. My twins are 1/4" apart in between and about 1" between the outside manifolds and the floatation chambers (basically need to pull engines to get at plugs or manifolds).
Old 10-13-2002, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of mine had gil's on his boat, and being 5'6" tall and 106 lbs, you know I was the one going in. After a couple of times of that I looked around and decided on the Stainless Marine. I had @ 1 inch if that between manifolds but I didn't have the tee's for water at each port. The risers are easy to take off and I could pull the valve covers without loosening the manifolds. They make them for the silent choice also.
mike