Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Quick Notes From The Erie Poker Run: Playing Rough And Having Fun (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/347907-quick-notes-erie-poker-run-playing-rough-having-fun.html)

1989mach1 06-26-2017 04:23 PM

Have to love boating lake erie.... get hit from the left, get hit from the right now duck her comes one over the bow. Then start all over again and again and again

hardcore 06-26-2017 09:21 PM

I signed up for the Erie poker run hoping the water was gong to be rough as I have been trying for 30 years to get some decent rough wayer shots of the boat. Needless to say it was rough and we got some great shots. The boat ran great and my wife and Matt were both fairly comfortable as I asked them both several times if they were okay, even after I got caught a little off guard and took one over the bow, soaking us and removing my windscreen, go pro and goggles, every one was still all smiles. Thanks to Tony for putting on a great run, location is great . Fellow boaters were all great as well , we made many new freinds I will be back next year for sure.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-26-2017 11:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by check300 (Post 4564574)
We tried a bunch of different speeds and you are correct, 25 to 30 was all we wanted. There was no discernible pattern so it was impossible to get a rhythm.

Brings back memories..... LOL

frickstyle 06-27-2017 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by hardcore (Post 4564766)
I signed up for the Erie poker run hoping the water was gong to be rough as I have been trying for 30 years to get some decent rough wayer shots of the boat. Needless to say it was rough and we got some great shots. The boat ran great and my wife and Matt were both fairly comfortable as I asked them both several times if they were okay, even after I got caught a little off guard and took one over the bow, soaking us and removing my windscreen, go pro and goggles, every one was still all smiles. Thanks to Tony for putting on a great run, location is great . Fellow boaters were all great as well , we made many new freinds I will be back next year for sure.

Your boat is awesome, love it. Hope to see it one day. Sweet shots running in the snot.

RollWithIt 06-27-2017 09:08 AM

Sounds like this will be the annual rough water run.. Been rough every year so far. Glad nobody got hurt

frickstyle 06-27-2017 09:33 AM

I wanna go

mitchie 06-27-2017 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by hardcore (Post 4564766)

What is Erie like compared to bumpy Georgian bay ?? I can't wait to see that monster out this summer! Beautiful boat!

badmonkey 06-27-2017 03:53 PM

Does anyone have any video of this run????

check300 06-27-2017 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by badmonkey (Post 4564994)

I know that the lake claimed more than one GoPro. Tony was in the helicopter taking video.

88242LS 06-27-2017 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by badmonkey (Post 4564994)

a bunch are up on youtube now