My new boat needs graphics... >

My new boat needs graphics...

Notices

My new boat needs graphics...

Old 03-17-2002, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new boat needs graphics...

I'm leaning towards vinyl. Anyone have any ideas?? The billet accessories (blower vents, gauge bezels, grab handle) are powder coated blue...so I'm going to use that as a base to match with. I was thinking of a blue flame job across the bow, fading into a ghost flame. Any thoughts??
Attached Thumbnails My new boat needs graphics...-mvc-003e.jpg  
Old 03-17-2002, 10:49 AM
Registered

here's a side view
Attached Thumbnails My new boat needs graphics...-mvc-001e.jpg  
Old 03-17-2002, 11:01 AM
Boating Fool

Whatever you do you better hurry. I expect to see that sharp looking boat out on the lake next month. What did you get for the powerplant. We got out about a week ago last friday. The lake was nice n rough.
Attached Thumbnails My new boat needs graphics...-ron-boat-slow.jpg  

Old 03-17-2002, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

What kind of a boat is it? (make?) there is nothing listed in your profile.
Old 03-17-2002, 11:15 AM
packinair

call glassdave 419-666-7779, he did mine and several others. the vinal is alittle cheeper but you pay for what you get. my 2cents is flames on a boat are a no-no

Old 03-17-2002, 11:32 AM
Registered

Boating Fool... I got it with a single HP500EFI.(Brand new with warranty) I was going to take it out this weekend, but the weather turned to crap. I've got some things to finish up on the boat. It is quite the way I like it just yet. I'm going to add an extreme marine tubular platform also. Hopefully it won't be a month before I take it out. Have they started raising the lake yet?

Twin99... it's a 1999 28' Prototype. Just picked it up two weeks ago. Brian Hollis is now making the boat under the name Joker Powerboats. Although, this boat was made by Phil Klein before Brian bought the company.

Pakinair...why are flames a no-no? Where is glassdave located? I'm in the KY Lake area.
Old 03-17-2002, 11:35 AM
Registered

Boating Fool....great looking boat. When you guys headed out again? How fast that thing go? What power?
Old 03-17-2002, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

I admit I dont know a whole lot about Prototype boats but this I can say, just make sure you keep it in the graphic "family" of your make of boat, the WORST thing you can do is if you have , lets say a Formula and then put Cigarette (JUST an EXAMPLE guys!!) graphics on it. Seems obvious but people actually go around doing that, brutal. But thats out the window if you an "all boat" type of thing. Ive agonised over mine for months, Ive finally settled on a jazzed up but still recognisable version of a stock Fountain graphic scheme......Doug.
Old 03-17-2002, 12:04 PM
KN
Registered

Hey hoghead congratulations on your AWESOME new boat. I'd have agree with Pakinair about the flames they look good on west coat built cats but not on the classic offshore lines of your boat.

I know they do a great job vinyl, but it still doesn't look as good as a custom paint job. He may be to far away from you but Mitch Tolan in Middleville Michigan does amazing work.

Good Luck, Kirk
Old 03-17-2002, 12:17 PM
Boating Fool

Hoghead, Yep the lake is going up. This morning it was at 356.2. You can keep up with the level and what they are going to do at kentuckylake.com - lake conditions.

I will be down there more than likely this coming weekend. It looks like the weather is going to still be crap. Doubt we even pull the ranger out to do some fishing.

The boat has HP500 efi for power. How fast-don't know yet. Did a couple of short speed passes in big bear bay. Saw 82 on the speedo (non GPS), but never really opened it up for a good distance. Plus still learning where it wants to be trimmed. Still think their is a few mph left to get out of it.

Quick Reply: My new boat needs graphics...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.