Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who got speeding ticket in Ft Myers on the river? >

Who got speeding ticket in Ft Myers on the river?

Notices

Who got speeding ticket in Ft Myers on the river?

Old 07-05-2017, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Who got speeding ticket in Ft Myers on the river?

Over the weekend 2 friends ( in louder go-fasts) got radar tickets for exceeding the 25 MPH speed area. Except they were not given ticket at that time because the officers said that they did not have jurisdiction in Lee county and were "Feds" from the East coast. They were told the that tickets would be "mailed" to them from local police.
First I didn't think that radar from a floating boat could be accurate. Second doesn't a ticket have to be issued by the actual officer that observed the violation?
Old 07-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

That sounds fishy
Old 07-05-2017, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Hi Nick-
Its true. I have 2 to prove it. The ticket will show up 60 days from now. The reason it takes that long is they look at your previous tickets that you have been issued and that is how they determine the amount of the find.
After my second ticket the office told me that if I stay under 38mph on the river I will not have an issue. For the last 3 years I have not been pulled over.

Hope this helps
Don
Old 07-05-2017, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get pulled over on the back side of FMB somewhere down by fishtale or lovers key?
Old 07-05-2017, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Speeding tickets

South end of Cape Coral on the Caloosahatchee River . The two boats were U.S. federal something or other. Unmarked (till the blue LEDs lit) plain 23 ft Shearwaters. In 15 years I have never heard of or seen anyone except for police from Ft Myers, Cape Coral, Even Sanibel, the FWC, Lee County Sheriff and the Coast Guard and add in the Homeland Security Boat out of the Cape. Yes 7 agencies

Last edited by Kat Krazy; 07-05-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kat Krazy
First I didn't think that radar from a floating boat could be accurate. Second doesn't a ticket have to be issued by the actual officer that observed the violation?
Yes radar can work from a floating boat. The angle you are running compared to the gun makes a difference. Greater the angle lower the speed it registers. I think the one that I have from way back when would check the speed I was going and then compares to the speed of what I was aiming at before it would display the speed what I was aimed at. Since I got GPS speedos have come out I have not taken it out of it's case.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:30 PM
Registered

That's why I stay out of that river .
Old 07-05-2017, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I've been in and out of the river countless times and have never had a problem with speeding. Like was said earlier I just try to stay under 35. I checked with a friend down there and yeah it's true they were out in force and I know someone that got an award.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can say that law enforcement were buzzing like mosquitos over the 4th weekend! They were definitely everywhere, and passing out awards as fast as they could type them. Bummer
Old 07-05-2017, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

A week ago I was pulled over on my way to Rumrunners. I have been there many times, but just had my head up my ass and did not come off plane when I should have. They were very nice and let me go with a verbal warning.

Once you get out of the river, what is the speed limit between Ft Myers Beach and Boca Grand on the "inside"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.