Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who Can Recomend GPS/Plotter, Touch- Guage Display? >

Who Can Recomend GPS/Plotter, Touch- Guage Display?

Notices

Who Can Recomend GPS/Plotter, Touch- Guage Display?

Old 07-10-2017, 12:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Can Recomend GPS/Plotter, Touch- Guage Display?

I have seen the merc flat screen touch displays the ones that show the rpm, oil pres. engine temp and all the engine data and more but I want one that is touch screen and with a gps plotter.Can anyone recommend a fresh new model that has everything included?
Old 07-10-2017, 02:41 PM
Registered

bump
Old 07-10-2017, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Garmin 7600 series. Has everything including wifi connectivity, touch screen, Fusion/Ipod connectivity, charts, etc.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

See the other thread about same subject. I just installed a 7607 in mine.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by turbos230
I have seen the merc flat screen touch displays the ones that show the rpm, oil pres. engine temp and all the engine data and more but I want one that is touch screen and with a gps plotter.Can anyone recommend a fresh new model that has everything included?
how big of a screen were you wanting? I think the bigger mercury one is 7"?
Old 07-10-2017, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Pretty much all the Garmins have all those features. I have a 741xs that I use just as a chartplotter, but could do stereo and engine gauges too. The interface is very user friendly, very fast responding, very intuitive. I found the Simrad and Raymarines weren't as intuitive and were a little slow to respond to the touch screen.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44
Pretty much all the Garmins have all those features. I have a 741xs that I use just as a chartplotter, but could do stereo and engine gauges too. The interface is very user friendly, very fast responding, very intuitive. I found the Simrad and Raymarines weren't as intuitive and were a little slow to respond to the touch screen.
I have a 741xs too. I connected it to smartcraft with the Merc NMEA 2K gateway ($375). Works pretty good. If you boat in rough water, you might want to reconsider the touch screen. Sometimes I have a hell of a time touching in the intended place. Next tiime I would get a bigger screen, maybe the 1041xs.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know not every one likes Raymarine. But I have been using since 1998, know their operating system and menus and can highly recommend. The new Axiom 9 RV I just bought has awesome sonar and links to the 12" e127 that I use as the chart plotter. The e127 has both touch screen and manual control so works well in rough water.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by turbos230
The Mercury VesselView 702 is a re-branded Simrad NSS7 EVO2. It is touch screen, and has a built in GPS chart plotter. I love mine.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:43 PM
Registered

I was thinking about the garmin 942 it has a 9 inch screen and that is the biggest one I can use for the space that is available.
I just want to know if these newer garmins all have this screen that shows the tachometer speed oil water etc. and then to switch to the gps screen or even if it could show both of these screens at the same time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.