Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
A place in the keys to take the family... >

A place in the keys to take the family...

Notices

A place in the keys to take the family...

Old 07-10-2017, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hawks Cay might be about the only place that has all of those things. There's really not a lot of beaches in the keys, the keys is for boaters.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Ocean reef it is, 7/28/- 8/1/17, Creekhouse, penthouse, BIG THANKS to my friend, " Fast Eddie" for helping out on getting this nice place to stay. Not taking a boat, will rent 1 if the family wants to go out boating, this is their little vacation...
Have a blast
Old 07-18-2017, 04:34 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Ocean reef it is, 7/28/- 8/1/17, Creekhouse, penthouse, BIG THANKS to my friend, " Fast Eddie" for helping out on getting this nice place to stay. Not taking a boat, will rent 1 if the family wants to go out boating, this is their little vacation...
Old 07-18-2017, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
We have been calling him fearless leader Eddie!

or next weekend Eddie lol
Old 07-18-2017, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would start in Miami or Fort Lauderdale. Go through Stiltsville. Have lunch at Playa de Largo. Stop in at Islamorada Fish and Co. for a drink, a little shopping and UBER to Theater of the Sea (this was an awesome hidden gem that is worth spending an hour at). Then boat to Fara Blanco for the night. Day 2 I would boat to Key West, check in and have lunch at the new Margaritaville (old Westin). I would boat around Key West day 2. Day 3 I would leave early and spend the day at Dry Tortugas. Day 4 I would spend getting back to Miami/FLL with an early departure. I sorta of had something like this planned by kids sports ruined it.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:55 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam
I would start in Miami or Fort Lauderdale. Go through Stiltsville. Have lunch at Playa de Largo. Stop in at Islamorada Fish and Co. for a drink, a little shopping and UBER to Theater of the Sea (this was an awesome hidden gem that is worth spending an hour at). Then boat to Fara Blanco for the night. Day 2 I would boat to Key West, check in and have lunch at the new Margaritaville (old Westin). I would boat around Key West day 2. Day 3 I would leave early and spend the day at Dry Tortugas. Day 4 I would spend getting back to Miami/FLL with an early departure. I sorta of had something like this planned by kids sports ruined it.
O,
Sounds like a BLAST! But the family wants this to be a kinda a non-boating vacation, it's killing me!!!!!
Old 07-19-2017, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShootinRopes35z
Call the Pier House in KW - see if they can handle the slip at the Key West Bight Marina or Sunset Marina.
X2 Pier House is great.We stayed in a dockside suite.The balcony hangs over the water!!!! If i could only get that room for the races..