Notices

R/C Boat, A must have!

Old 10-14-2002, 05:57 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chad,
A friend of mine just got an Enforcer. I hope to get a call when he gets a chance to give it a maiden voyage yet this fall. I'll see then if I get the bug to get one myself. I'm not sure if I'd use one much. They're a little big to take out on the boat and not be in the way while you're running or overnighting. And, I know another person who has one and says you want to have a PWC or some way to go get them in the lake if you have to. got any thoughts on those points? I'd like to have one, but would I really get use out of it?

Mark
Old 10-14-2002, 06:00 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

"Where's the Beak?" LOL (Really old Wendy's commercial.)
Old 10-14-2002, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have 2 Enforcer's, a Sport and a Team. Bought them both used on eBay (yea, I'm addicted!). They really are great fun to run, especially against each other. I like to find a vacant cove and let 'em rip. Watching these things launch off a roller is a sight to behold. It's amazing the number of curious people that come over to watch.

Tantrum is right- it's easy to put a wad of money into mods. I prefer to run the stock Homelites (water cooled / clutch) and not worry about lunching a motor. I considered putting a Zenoah/Hanson in, but why?? They're plenty of fun with Homies!

32 Fever- I use a small plastic kayak as a recovery vessel. It fits in the cabin (with the door closed) while underway, and makes a great platform for fishing/ exploring. I used to use a cheap inflatable, but put a huge gash in the hull one day when pulling the R/C boat aboard (those rudders are sharp!)

Last edited by arks; 10-14-2002 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:43 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

mini big block for those boats
Attached Thumbnails R/C Boat, A must have!-v8.jpg  
Old 10-14-2002, 07:53 PM
Registered

I built one last year with a pro mod 30cc weedwacker motor, ran like 45 -50 mph. Surface drive, trim tabs, custom paint and direct drive. noisy as hell at 13,000 rpm Now "290PQ" on the board owns it..

Travis
Old 10-14-2002, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my buddy Johhny has one that he made. He is a model maker at our work. He fabricated a liquid cooled head and even has thru hull exhaust with the water exiting through the exhaust!!!

It's cool !!

pick your hobby I say. Wife says i have tooooo many!!
Old 10-14-2002, 09:17 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

I have a 39" scale model of a cig. made by Dumas boats back in the early 80's. My bride gave it to me as gift, took more than 5 months to rig. Since has been re-rigged twice due to unintentional sinking. Current K/B motor spins up 2.2 hp at 23000 rpm with a tuned pipe, pressurized fuel delivery, and exhaust throttle. Of course it is water cooled, and the pick up is behined the prop for better circulation. Running a Futaba 4 channel radio, steering, throttle, and port/stbd trim tabs. Thinking of going back to a carb. becouse the exhaust throttle makes a damn mess of the bilge it works good but the fuel in the bilge makes it hard to start. Very fast and a bunch of fun!!
Old 10-14-2002, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no but is just over 5 feet sa wone go on ebay last week for low 400 just boat no motor or electronics.
Old 10-14-2002, 10:39 PM
Registered

www.rcboatmodeler.com (magazine)

www.whobbies.com

www.aeromarinerc.com (has drambuie,"rock-it",apache etc.)

www.bonzisports.com (has an 84" yes 84" apache)

I would check out the magazine, it has articles for R/C boats just like the others have articles for our boats.
Old 10-15-2002, 01:28 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Got this whole shootin' match from Hobby-Lobby, including the radio for about $550.
Attached Thumbnails R/C Boat, A must have!-batboatmodel.jpg  

Last edited by C_Spray; 10-15-2002 at 01:31 AM.

Quick Reply: R/C Boat, A must have!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.