Donzi 27 ZR arrives in Thailand

Notices

Donzi 27 ZR arrives in Thailand

Old 07-15-2017, 07:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,119 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by madbouyz
Been through this many times in the past , just not in Thailand .
What's the rate of import duty (TAX) over there on boats ?
ZERO import duty here since a new law in 2004. Only 7% vat BUT the trailer is considered a 'rot' which is a type of trolley or vehicle and attracts 40% import duty so make sure your purchase invoice shows the trailer value separately and be constructive with the invoice breakdown.

I had a minor issue because they cleared customs quickly I didn't pay the duty on the trailer. Customs came back and said the invoice value is too low and the boat is worth more than the stated figure so I had to pay an extra fee in lieu of the inspection. We negotiated that fee down considerably then I paid it in cash but no receipt..... haha.

BTW, they did all that without even opening the container. It could have been full of drugs, a car, furniture or it could have been empty!

RR
Old 07-15-2017, 07:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by I'CE
how did the shipper handle and take into account all the fluids ... engines, fuel, etc..
They didn't, hence my little oil problem!
Surprisingly, the only other fluid leak is a very minor weep from the trim tab pump, wipe it with a rag and I'm done. Even the coolant stayed tight in the reservoir, no signs of any other leaks so that's pretty good. (Fuel tank was drained by the dealer)

Anyone ever ship sideways, make sure you drain the engine oil.....

RR
Old 07-15-2017, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,029 Likes on 1,347 Posts

it took a good amount of pressure to bend that prop, you just dont fold stainless over, might be some vibration issue when you get it on the water, Christmas came early
Old 07-15-2017, 07:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by noli

beautiful boat, please share some videos from Thailand

Sorry, I can't post videos, too 'techie' for me but I will post a few boat pics in the water when I get a chance.
(maybe you weren't asking for boat pics... mmm?)

RR
Old 07-15-2017, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Congrats on finally getting your new boat!
Old 07-15-2017, 11:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 333 Likes on 124 Posts

I can't believe they put it on it's side like that. Interesting for sure. I would have thought the boat would be loaded in an open area and not in a container, but I'm sure that save a few dollars. I've shipped several large machines that wouldn't fit in a container and the price wasn't much more to be loaded..
Old 07-15-2017, 11:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by DRAG
I can't believe they put it on it's side like that. Interesting for sure. I would have thought the boat would be loaded in an open area and not in a container, but I'm sure that save a few dollars. I've shipped several large machines that wouldn't fit in a container and the price wasn't much more to be loaded..
It makes a huge difference to price of shipping. If it's roll on - roll off you get charged per cubic meter which means max overall dimensions which include trailer sticking out the front (about 35' x 8'6" x 7'). Loading and unloading is more complicated, boats need to be shrinkwrapped, and there are fewer ships to choose from that can carry specialized cargo. They have adjustable decks inside and have to be packed with many other things in a tight area so a lot more work. Much easier just to put it in a box and stack it on top of another box!

Packaged and shipped was 2,500 in a container, the next alternative would have been nearly 10k. My last 2 boats were too big for containers and believe me, the costs were horrendous!

RR
Old 07-16-2017, 04:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 333 Likes on 124 Posts

Yeah that makes sense. I would have never thought to turn the container on its side to load it. Cool pics
Old 07-16-2017, 07:14 AM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
ZERO import duty here since a new law in 2004. Only 7% vat BUT the trailer is considered a 'rot' which is a type of trolley or vehicle and attracts 40% import duty so make sure your purchase invoice shows the trailer value separately and be constructive with the invoice breakdown.

I had a minor issue because they cleared customs quickly I didn't pay the duty on the trailer. Customs came back and said the invoice value is too low and the boat is worth more than the stated figure so I had to pay an extra fee in lieu of the inspection. We negotiated that fee down considerably then I paid it in cash but no receipt..... haha.

BTW, they did all that without even opening the container. It could have been full of drugs, a car, furniture or it could have been empty!

RR
Sounds like your Customs operate a lot like ours. Everything on the invoice has to be listed otherwise they will choose some ridiculous 'discretionary' figure of their own and burn you . They even put a value on the throw away shrink wrapping and the disposable wooden cradle .
I knew of one guy , many years ago , where Customs totally refused to believe what he paid for the boat even though he produced all bank transactions and had the factory verify it for him . I believe that they confiscated the boat and the guy let them keep it coz the fight was so nasty he walked away .
That container rate sure sounded reasonable though . I'm sure that to get a container , regardless of what's in it , here from the US east coast is at least 10K and that's only 580 miles ! You're absolutely correct about the boat being on a trailer . A lot of people have had that unpleasant surprise once it was too late .

Oh , and you better believe that EVERY boat gets a thorough inspection . Some even get butchered and there's not a damn thing you can do about it .

Last edited by madbouyz; 07-16-2017 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Boats always hold little surprises but small jobs can be very satisfying.
Today, I pulled down the cabin door (aluminum roller type) and to my surprise, it wasn't there! What the f***? Only had he first 12-18 inches.....

Shoot! Both pics are upside down, sorry
Attached Thumbnails Donzi 27 ZR arrives in Thailand-img_7103.jpg   Donzi 27 ZR arrives in Thailand-img_7104.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.