Donzi 27 ZR arrives in Thailand >

Donzi 27 ZR arrives in Thailand

Notices

Donzi 27 ZR arrives in Thailand

Old 07-17-2017, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by akaboatman
There's a dempal where the shaft was machined if that moves. There's a problem. I look at that before I move forward. It's not that difficult before sea trills
Huh?
Old 07-17-2017, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow this is so cool! She's a beauty. Thanks for taking pictures and showing your experience.

The thing that strikes me is how good of service you're getting. I can't get that level of service in the states to save my life. If I wanted anyone to spit on my boat they would tell me they are two months out.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
Huh?
Yeah, what the Hell is a "dempal" and is there a Thai equivalent?

Last edited by rak rua; 07-18-2017 at 06:56 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Captain YARRR
Wow this is so cool! She's a beauty. Thanks for taking pictures and showing your experience.

The thing that strikes me is how good of service you're getting. I can't get that level of service in the states to save my life. If I wanted anyone to spit on my boat they would tell me they are two months out.
I've had boats at this marina for 7 years now and serviced boats with the nearby Merc dealer for 10 years and they always seem very helpful. I'm a good payer and I hand the workers small tips quite often, just a few dollars, pays for their lunch and a Red Bull! I think it all helps but Thais are lovely people if you make friends with them. Marina manager is also a fellow Aussie and a great guy. His goal is always customer service.

The only Merc dealer in Thailand has a branch nearby and does all my work. I asked them to do the servicing and told them what I needed done for my little oil problem. They've currently got 3 of their technicians in Cambodia doing work (no reputable dealer there) and won't be back until Saturday. They said how about middle of next week? And I was hoping earlier so the boss went out back for a few minutes then returned and said "We come to marina 9.00 am this Sunday OK?"

Pretty good for a team that doesn't work on Sundays!

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 07-17-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
Huh?
My guess is he is referring to the recess on the face of the end of the prop shaft. Not how I would determine run out on the shaft but I kinda get what he is saying.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
My guess is he is referring to the recess on the face of the end of the prop shaft. Not how I would determine run out on the shaft but I kinda get what he is saying.
It (the "dimple") could be used to check for eccentricity in the shaft to determine if it was bent when the prop was damaged. Agree this would not be the proper way to determine "shaft run out".
Old 07-18-2017, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry! I was trying to give a eye sight to see if you should run the boat. I didn't think you could easy find away too check a bent shaft. My bad.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Had the servicing done this morning, oil issues were fixed exactly the way you guys recommended, the advice couldn't have been better. Had a little run this afternoon, a mate came along with his 2 y.o. boy and at 4,500 rpm's he started to turn pale so I backed off but it ran faultlessly, felt great on the water.

Quickly found out the 27 ZR doesn't like much trim, only about 1/4 on the gauge, any higher and she loses speed. Haven't looked where my drive sits according to the gauge and left the tabs (the little Bennett jobs) up once she was planing so a bit of experimenting to do yet.

This boat's a blast to drive, can't believe they didn't sell a million of them! couple of pics just to prove it floats and goes.......

Thank you all for your kind words, if anyone's ever in my neighborhood please let me know, I owe OSO members a beer or two plus a squirt in a Donzi. Probably a bit tame for many of you but it's still a lot of fun!

RR
Attached Thumbnails Donzi 27 ZR arrives in Thailand-img_7199.jpg   Donzi 27 ZR arrives in Thailand-img_7203.jpg  

Last edited by rak rua; 07-23-2017 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Bloody upside down pics..... sorry.....
Old 07-23-2017, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 532 Likes on 329 Posts

same pics above, just inverted

Beautiful country! I might take you up on that offer, Thailand is actually o my bucket list.

Last edited by noli; 07-23-2017 at 08:35 AM.