OT: We need some help in the DC area... SNIPER

Notices

OT: We need some help in the DC area... SNIPER

Old 10-15-2002, 06:48 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by HyperBaja

I would have gone after him, or if i ever saw something like that, i hope i go after the bad guy.

guns save lives, amazing how that works, how many % of guns in houses will be used against their owner?
If not for a sense of helping the community, I would think they would have at least followed him trying to get the 500 grand reward!

Actually the amount of guns used against their owners is relatively small when compared with the number of times a gun is used to stop a crime. In fact when they are used against the owner it is rare enough to be newsworthy, when someone uses one to stop a robbery or assault it is rarely reported unless the gun is actually fired-in most cases it is not.

Here is a good link if you are interested:
http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcdguse.html

Last edited by Ted G; 10-15-2002 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-15-2002, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

500k reward? I might not be posting much, an un announced trip to DC was decided on today....

Did anyone see spiderman? when he dosent stop the crime and his uncle is killed? Now how would that feel? hope it dosent happen to the person who saw him, i hope he is caught.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:54 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

God speed, get him now!
How does he sleep at night?
I'm praying...........
Old 10-15-2002, 11:11 PM
Registered

I would like to see him sent to Angola penitentary in Louisiana. I would gladly pay to house him for the next 50 years to keep from implementing the death penalty.

Are we not taught to love our enemies????????

In Angola, the homeys treat fellow prisoners with love, not hate. Very large doses of love. Frequently, too.

Bulldog
Old 10-16-2002, 12:17 AM
Gold Member

They have a new sketch of the van out now... here it is...
Attached Thumbnails OT: We need some help in the DC area... SNIPER-van.jpg  
Old 10-16-2002, 12:18 AM
Gold Member

OK you all can put the guns away now it was just a joke...
Old 10-16-2002, 12:26 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

can we drop him in 300 yards in front of the start of a very large poker run " start your engines its time for frog in a blender"
Old 10-16-2002, 07:56 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris-LOL
Old 10-16-2002, 12:14 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

There is a lot of crap going on about this right now. They are still not even sure on what kind of van to look for. Last week it was a box van, Volvo or Mitsubishi cabover style. Earlier this week, it was a Ford Econoline E-250. Now they are back to the Chevy Astro Van. What if this guy is WAITING for a vehicle to drive by LIKE this, and then taking his shot? They are already saying they think this person is of darker/olive skin complection, which makes people think this the work of a Middle-East Terrorist; or several of them. It does not take much to buy a couple of vans, and keep them in a storage facility. They have had several people IN CUSTODY, or at least had their guns IN CUSTODY when a killing has occurred, so they are watching some people, but this is still so ridiculous. The cops are shutting down traffic for hours on end when a killing occurs, and literally going thru each vehicle, guns drawn, (scaring ths crap out of a lot of people), but I have news for them: the killer(s) is/are LONG gone by the time they get the roadblocks up! They are in bed, asleep, saying "eh, I catch up on this in the morning, I know what happened."

They now have a military plane flying overhead literally 'listening' for .223 round shots. I know this because the news said this. You can bet the killer knows this too. Why not change his weapon? The plane's technology is pretty intense, as I know about it from previous military intel experience. It listens for the .223 round shot, or anything similar for that matter, and then homes in on it with Infrared, looking for a 'hot' just fired rifle. Now the killer knows he needs to bring a lead or steel encased box with him for the rifle. WTF? The media is sabotaging this whole thing. They are broadcasting all of this.

If there is one thing I cannot stand about this area, it is the media. They make EVERYTHING 150% worse; from snow, to rain, to killings; to whatever. I am not overly concerned about getting shot. There are 5-6 million people in this area, depending on how far out you count, (some people commute 2-3 hours one way a day, as far away as Eastern Shore, MD, Baltimore, Pennsylvania, Richmond, and the Blue Ridge Mountains). There are plenty of targets besides me. I just do not see an end to this anytime soon. This is crazy. I think something major needs to change with the media and investigation.

Does anyone remember Altan Coleman, the guy who was going around NW Indiana shooting people about 15-20 years ago? It was going on for about 4 weeks, AND THEY KNEW WHO HE WAS after a week or so. I do not remember how many people he shot, but it was around 18. They finally got this guy; he was sitting on a Park Bench, in the open, by himself, across the street from the Michigan City Federal Penitentiary. A guy saw him and went into a phone booth and called the Police: "Altan Coleman is 250 feet away from me; come and get him." I will never forget that as long as I live, nor will I forget what is going on now. I just think this killer or killers is/are way ahead of the authorities right now, and will be for a while.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 10-16-2002 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-16-2002, 12:44 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Default 105mph_38_2003????

what the hell do you use .50 caliber for???

what kind of sport is that? Please tell me you aren't hunting with it. Because that wouldn't be very sporting.

That being said if you like to target shoot at VERY long distance that is the only choice but for anything under 300 yards WHY???

I was considering getting a remington 700 series in 7mm Mag for a while but i just don't shoot at very long distance often enough to justify it. I but more effort into skeet/trap 5 stand and sporting clays these day. Rifles are challenging but on LI there just aren;t enough places to shoot.

Quick Reply: OT: We need some help in the DC area... SNIPER

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.