Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: We need some help in the DC area... SNIPER (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34877-ot-we-need-some-help-dc-area-sniper.html)

TomZ 10-14-2002 10:57 PM

OT: We need some help in the DC area... SNIPER

The bastard(s) got another one tonight... a woman who was loading purchases from Home Depot in the back of her car with her husband.

We sure could use some prayers, thoughts, or whatever to get us through. This is no way to live. I had to hide in the cockpit yesterday while gassing up the boat before I went out. It is really that serious here.

To my fellow DC brethren... watch your backs as well as those of your loved ones.

Ted G 10-14-2002 11:14 PM

This is totally F%$^ing insane!!! This guy is doing anything he damn well pleases and it seems like we have every cop on the East Coast working and they can't get him. I swear, they need to blow his ass away when they get him. I refuse to feed and shelter this prick for the next 50 years:mad: What the hell am I supposed to tell my kids???? They have to stay locked in the school all day and then stay in the house when they get home so this lunatic can't shoot them just for fun:confused: And I am tired of looking over my shoulder every time I get out of my car:mad: :mad: :mad:

TomZ 10-14-2002 11:22 PM

Thank God I don't have kids yet... I'd be going out of my mind about now.

I wish there was something we could do.

I frequent that Home Depot all the time btw... it's only a couple of miles away from my house. The Mrs. and I are working on remodeling our kitchen... we had actually planned on running up their tonight. If we had followed our usual Home Depot schedule, we would have been there during the whole thing. My wife wanted to workout after work though, so work on the kitchen got pushed off for the evening... THANK YOU GOD!!!

My mom actually called to see if we were OK. I didn't even know what had happened. She told me and I swear... every hair on my body stood straight up! I have never had a feeling like that hit me before.

buck183 10-14-2002 11:37 PM

Whoa!!!!!! Too close.

Buck

puder 10-14-2002 11:54 PM

i give it 2 more shootings before the vigilante groups start forming.

I say hang this ****er.

Sydwayz 10-15-2002 12:02 AM

I have been there a hundred times too. The last one was in my neck of the woods. All over the news today, they were saying this has been his longest 'down-time.' Well... fricking wonderful. I am willing to place bets that Loudon County, VA is next.

NASTY HABIT 10-15-2002 05:17 AM

at a complete loss for worrds for you families that live in that area I hope this ends soon

Tejas Raz 10-15-2002 05:23 AM

TomZ,
Feel for ya man. I grew up living at the North end of Military Road just above Chain Bridge. Wish there were more folks who were carrying good steel up there like we have down here in Texas where I live now. It's going to take some active participation from the public to catch this guy. At least some good eyes working in recording mode to give the LEO's some good intel to help them.

Think of it this way... It's YOUR neighborhood and it's time to take back the streets. Get pissed. Some a**hole is ruining your lives. Talk to your friends around the block and at work or at church. Get pro-active. Start neighborhood patrols. Work with the local police. There's plenty of laws, we don't need more, just need to apply what we've got... to the MAXIMUM EXTENT. Get rid of judges or other elected officials who don't want to work with you.

This is war. The guy may not be Al Quada, but this is terrorism at the max. And folks are going to have to wake up and realize that we're going to have to deal with it no matter how it comes to us.

In the mean time, my prayers will be with you all back up there where I used to call home. Hang tough. Perservere!

Semper Fi!
Scott

Yorktown HS, 1974 - Arlington, Va.

Citizen's Police Academy, Citizen's On Patrol - Arlington, Tx.

Payton 10-15-2002 06:51 AM

This simply makes me too mad for words.
Too Old is right, pray for the victims family's. But I also pray this guys gets cought in a shoot out.

I thought the round he was useing was a .223, not a .50. Maybe I heard wrong. I thought I heard the little boy was shot with a .223.

Shah Mat 10-15-2002 07:16 AM

It has been a .223 all along from what I heard.
This does suck, I live near two of the shootings (Fredricksburg), sometimes commute by one of them (Manassas) and now as of today, I work near one (Falls Church).
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: