Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Miami vice coming back to nbc >

Miami vice coming back to nbc

Notices

Miami vice coming back to nbc

Old 08-03-2017, 05:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not a big fan of fast and furious. The first one was ok. In that it was more realistic and had a plausible plot line with it. The latter films, yep impossible stunts and too much action driven with unbelievable plots. I'm a Bond fan, but not a fan of Brosnan version, the invisible Austin Martin is what I hated. The new ones are better, but again too much action driven. Bond needs to be a Playboy VS action star!

I think they'll ruin Vice. Although a little unrealistic in Cops living a luxury lifestyle under cover 24/7 was plausible but unrealistic. The show did have some realistic darkness too it in the early seasons. It went from being Hill Street Blues with an MTV soundtrack, fancy cars, etc.. Too being a CHiPs like show. Trivia: the actual creator of Miami Vice was a producer and writer on Hill Street Blues. NBC tapped him to create the show. Mann was brought on as executive producer because the Blues guy had no experience in actually producing an entire show. Mann left pretty early on and his duties got taken over by Dick Wolfe, the creator of the Law and Order series franchise.

I'm a fan of cops shows. Since I was a kid. Reruns of Adam 12 when I was six years old in the 1970's, before CHiPs came out. I also watched Starsky & Hutch. During that Trayvon Martin deal. It reminded me of an episode of Starsky & Hutch. Starsky shot a black punk and the community went against him. Even lied about the facts, unarmed, etc. An honest blackman testified to the real facts. Thought if I made a Vice reboot, Id be more like S&H VS MTV cops........... Sure flash if the episode called for it. But for the most part Id be more realistic.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
The Opiod culture/ lifestyle sure is different than the cocaine one !

Hmmm, wonder if they will build a Honda or Mitsubishi themed boat ?
what? No Prius boat?????
Old 08-03-2017, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'll watch if IZZY is in the new show
Old 08-03-2017, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I can watch a show without gays being shoved down my throat I will try it. Thank You Tim The Tool Man.

Last edited by akaboatman; 08-04-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by offshore312
what? No Prius boat?????
the electric cig??
Old 08-03-2017, 08:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the best miami vice episodes are when sonny is a criminal
Old 08-03-2017, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Surprised Michael Mann would release control of this. He's pretty controlling over Miami vice. I'm sure there will be plenty of high end boats and cars. The dude that wrote 6 of the fast furious movies is on board to write it sounds like. And the way I read it there's no confirmation that vin diesel will actually act in the show, it's just his production company. I'd rather seebit come back to a more edgy station like Amc, Netflix, HBO, FX, etc. I just can't watch watered down bubble gum standard tv shows anymore from basic cable.
I saw his last couple movies, he didnt actually act in them either.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

I actually started watching the Lethal Weapon reboot that is on Fox last night. I was very skeptical but they actually did a good job with it and I'll be watching it now.

Hopefully this will fall into that category. The original Vice has BIG boots to fill to be watchable.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by max930
I'm not a big fan of fast and furious. The first one was ok. In that it was more realistic and had a plausible plot line with it. The latter films, yep impossible stunts and too much action driven with unbelievable plots. I'm a Bond fan, but not a fan of Brosnan version, the invisible Austin Martin is what I hated. The new ones are better, but again too much action driven. Bond needs to be a Playboy VS action star!

I think they'll ruin Vice. Although a little unrealistic in Cops living a luxury lifestyle under cover 24/7 was plausible but unrealistic. The show did have some realistic darkness too it in the early seasons. It went from being Hill Street Blues with an MTV soundtrack, fancy cars, etc.. Too being a CHiPs like show. Trivia: the actual creator of Miami Vice was a producer and writer on Hill Street Blues. NBC tapped him to create the show. Mann was brought on as executive producer because the Blues guy had no experience in actually producing an entire show. Mann left pretty early on and his duties got taken over by Dick Wolfe, the creator of the Law and Order series franchise.

I'm a fan of cops shows. Since I was a kid. Reruns of Adam 12 when I was six years old in the 1970's, before CHiPs came out. I also watched Starsky & Hutch. During that Trayvon Martin deal. It reminded me of an episode of Starsky & Hutch. Starsky shot a black punk and the community went against him. Even lied about the facts, unarmed, etc. An honest blackman testified to the real facts. Thought if I made a Vice reboot, Id be more like S&H VS MTV cops........... Sure flash if the episode called for it. But for the most part Id be more realistic.
I used to love Starsky & Hutch. I have the series on DVD.......along with Miami Vice.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Oh come on...a series based around flat bill cap wearing douche flute huffing guys driving obnoxiously rattley honda civics and lifted diesel pickups spewing black smoke out of 18 inch stacks sticking thru the bed doesnt interest you?
that really made me laugh!!! Fart can exhaust, no suspension and bouncing over every bump, UGH!! My weedwhacker sounds tougher!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.