Reggie Fountain Talks Kilo Record, Returning to the Brand and More >

Reggie Fountain Talks Kilo Record, Returning to the Brand and More

Notices

Reggie Fountain Talks Kilo Record, Returning to the Brand and More

Old 08-08-2017, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
If you go to the Fountain website the only mention of performance boats is under a tab title "Archives". Everything is C.C.now so what does setting a kilo record have to do with C.C.'s ?
Come on man. What guy wouldn't want a 200 mph Center Console
Old 08-08-2017, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 350scarab
Good to see you on here and back having input on the new boats. Are they still going to have the trademark beak ?
I love the beak. Gives the boat a great look. It's also functional. Fountain's are top in the v-bottom world when Reggie's at the helm.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I personally saw one of the Fountain kilo record boats in Cap'n Nabbers shop getting the entire back quarter or so of the hull replaced. It was an ultra thin layup. Guys at the shop showed me how thin the outer skin was where a through-hull was taken out. It was not even 1/8" thick! Looked more like 1/16" thick. Unbelievable. Fountain actually sold this boat for recreational use when Nabbers and I agreed that the hull should have been shredded. I'm not sure which boat it was but this was in Feb. 2009 at Cap'n Nabbers near Chicago. It was a full canopy boat and said "Rio Roses".
that is a good point. One fact about the Outerlimits is it is and always has been a full 5 seat interior, Monster stereo system, A/c and full leather interior pleasure boat. With the exception of the blueprinted bottom and added structure in the roll cage, it is the exact same boat available to retail. It is not a potato chip thin hulk with 2 seats and a raw interior for weight savings.

Joe takes out the 1650's puts in his set of 1350's and uses the boat as a pleasure boat.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by animalhouse
that is a good point. One fact about the Outerlimits is it is and always has been a full 5 seat interior, Monster stereo system, A/c and full leather interior pleasure boat. With the exception of the blueprinted bottom and added structure in the roll cage, it is the exact same boat available to retail. It is not a potato chip thin hulk with 2 seats and a raw interior for weight savings.

Joe takes out the 1650's puts in his set of 1350's and uses the boat as a pleasure boat.

Reggie Fountain Talks Kilo Record, Returning to the Brand and More-img_20170728_162253555.jpg-kilo-boat.jpg

Just to set the record straight I currently have the Kilo boat in my shop. I have been through this boat top to bottom one thing is for sure it is a full lay up boat. no potato chip hull here. sorry to disappoint.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KWright
Attachment 569919

Just to set the record straight I currently have the Kilo boat in my shop. I have been through this boat top to bottom one thing is for sure it is a full lay up boat. no potato chip hull here. sorry to disappoint.

not disappointed, I'm happy for you. That must not be the same Panasonic / Cat Killer boat that left Key West all shrinkwrapped on the port side after the hul delaminated a few years back.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

not disappointed, I'm happy for you. That must not be the same Panasonic / Cat Killer boat that left Key West all shrinkwrapped on the port side after the hul delaminated a few years back.

Your a straight up hater, you want to compare wins on the racecourse between Fountain and OL? RF will break speed record, and the Fountain raceboats that were built 15 + years ago will continue to win; furtehrmore Fountains continue to win when it mattters most, deal with it. The new speed record that will be set by a Fountain is coming, so the hating by you and the OL cheerleader section on OSO is inevitable.

Bad mouthing Fountain Powerboats and Reggie Fountain is nonsense, give that sh*t a rest; the success of Fountain in regards to race history, Kilo runs, and the overall Founatin powerboat lineup, which is great product, speaks for itself, sell anti Fountain BS elsewhere.

Last edited by Smarty; 08-09-2017 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Grammar-sentence structure-clarity
Old 08-08-2017, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm going to think outside the box here away from a market standpoint. I think this is a Pride ordeal and maybe the market will follow slightly as a by product of the attention they are getting already. I believe this is a good thing as in Reggie and His son are working on a father son project per say. And to get interest, well that seems easily done given the fact those who think it's not a good idea are giving their opinions on something they cannot stop them from doing. But $hit, if my dad was his age ( And I'm Reggie III's age If he was in fact born in 84') and he said he wanted to shoot for another record! I wouldn't think twice. Thats at least what I can gather from the whole ordeal. So if you can't stop them, you don't have to join them. Just sit back and watch the show. And to someone else's comment about the boating industry isn't what it used to be with a cell phone doing 100mph. Well at my young age and I'm young compared to most here…. But since I respect my elders I'll agree to disagree. Some of us wish it was the old ways in a really bad way. CC's are meant for fishing. But society changes and the market follows.
Attached Images  

Last edited by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS; 08-08-2017 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

It's been said many times, "There's no such thing as bad publicity", so the ups and downs of threads like this will all help.

I see a few similarities to Reggie's return and that of Niki Lauda at Mercedes AMG. I know Americans prefer NASCAR and Indy cars over Formula 1 car racing, so for those who don't know.....

Lauda was a three time world champion and well known for his aviation pursuits as well. He's had highs and lows and at 68 years of age, when most people are retired, or planning to do so, he's working with Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 racing team as a non executive chairman. His achievements in Formula 1 are undisputed. He's at every Grand Prix with the team and his presence alone commands respect and I'm sure his input, however great or small, is a valuable part of the teams operation. The team have won the constructors championship for the last 3 years and are currently in a close duel with Ferrari for the 2017 season.

To be fair, I should mention, Lauda also has a 10% stake in the team if that makes a difference.

Anyone else see a parallel between these two guys?

RR
Old 08-09-2017, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Your saying the bottom of the outerlimits kilo boat is just like the pleasure boat?
Old 08-09-2017, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

I know we all seen the video before,,but in case some have not

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.