Why The Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Still Matters

Notices

Why The Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Still Matters

Old 08-15-2017, 10:35 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,225 Posts
Default Why The Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Still Matters

Although you won’t see the gaudy numbers of years past, there’ll still be plenty of intrigue at the nation’s premiere powerboating top-speed event this month, Why The Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Still Matters.

From the OSO home page.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to my first one this year! It's also my bachelor party. I'm not sure I've ever been so excited for anything in my life, besides maybe the birth of my son. Maybe.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

The Shootout itself is only a small percentage of what the Shootout really is. The street party, Poker Runs, Fun Runs, Supercat Fest, and many other official events happen during the week. Couple that with all of the "unofficial" things happening and you have what could be the very best handful of days on the water anywhere! It may not be as much about the big numbers, but it is certainly about having a big time! This will be my 15th Shootout week and would not miss it for the world!

The best part about this Shootout is that we hope to have our refurbished 28 Skater both at the Street Party and the Friday Poker Run out of PBC. Lots of work to go, but can't wait!
Old 08-15-2017, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
The Shootout itself is only a small percentage of what the Shootout really is. The street party, Poker Runs, Fun Runs, Supercat Fest, and many other official events happen during the week. Couple that with all of the "unofficial" things happening and you have what could be the very best handful of days on the water anywhere! It may not be as much about the big numbers, but it is certainly about having a big time! This will be my 15th Shootout week and would not miss it for the world!

The best part about this Shootout is that we hope to have our refurbished 28 Skater both at the Street Party and the Friday Poker Run out of PBC. Lots of work to go, but can't wait!
How long to people hang out til on Friday? We're getting in mid afternoon, and I would love to stroll around and check out all the boats.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

I have never been to LOTO but sure is a bucket list item for me. The shorter course (in the name of lower speeds/safety) is probably a step in the right direction but really what is the difference between 160-190? Bottom line if the boat gets in trouble deep into triple digits the results are going to be bad anyway regardless if you have the extra 1320 ft or not.

I have a lifelong friend that lives in St Louis and hits LOTO 2-3 times a year......I just need to coordinate my vacation with his family's! The pics/videos he sends on non-shootout weekends are insane, I can't imagine being there on the biggest week of the year!
Old 08-15-2017, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Said it great here.

Me and the GF travel pretty often but every year we are always most excited for the shootout at LOTO. We are on year 6 and we still get just as excited as if it is our first year ever. Can't wait to be there in 9 days!
Old 08-15-2017, 11:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by hvymtl939
How long to people hang out til on Friday? We're getting in mid afternoon, and I would love to stroll around and check out all the boats.

Camden has a big event on Friday for the first time this year, as well as dog days always does an amazing bash on fri night and with PBC around the corner, there is going to be lots of big hardware at all spots.

You will not see a shortage anywhere.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 08-15-2017 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:48 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Very well said. My commentary focused on the shootout portion of the shootout, but there is a lot more to the event than that. And obviously as the presenting media sponsor, we're pretty high on Super Cat Fest—just check out the latest story, https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...t-and-shootout, and all the advance related stories (you'll find them at the bottom) on that event so far.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I couldn't agree more. There's so much going on all around the lake that it gives you more options than another other event during the year. And yes, that includes the KWPR in November IMO. We will be arriving early Thursday morning (Camden) and cant wait to hit the water.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kilo
I couldn't agree more. There's so much going on all around the lake that it gives you more options than another other event during the year. And yes, that includes the KWPR in November IMO. We will be arriving early Thursday morning (Camden) and cant wait to hit the water.
We get to camden super early on thurs.

Going to check out that redone coconuts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.