Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is this in BAD taste...? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/349276-bad-taste.html)

raceboat rus 08-20-2017 09:11 PM

Is this in BAD taste...?

Would this be in bad taste? For over 10 years I have extended in person an invitation to several of the other poker run promoters an invitation to come to the toys tour and have done all I can to make them feel welcome . when you went to their events they handed out my toys tour T-shirts to their guests. Many thanks for the promo help . Other than Bill Pyburn I have not seen any other promoters at my Toys tour , Nor have I seen some from there group. I wish I felt better about this situations …….In reaction to this I will have my son make a piñata of that promoter . At the toys tour this piñata will be beat in effigy and the candy will pour out. This is all in fun .

Is this in poor taste ? Who should be the persons face on the piñata?

SB 08-20-2017 09:29 PM

Shooting from the hip....Chelsea Manning ? ....if you just have to put a face on something ???? LOL.

raceboat rus 08-20-2017 09:41 PM

who

Originally Posted by SB (Post 4577319)
Shooting from the hip....Chelsea Mannings ? ....if you just have to put a face on something ???? LOL.

thats cool , who is Chelsa Manning?
who else might one want to see on the pinata ?

Wobble 08-20-2017 10:08 PM

You are doing a great thing, don't sweat the details/haters

Interceptor 08-20-2017 10:08 PM

The other promoters are your competition, ignore them.

raceboat rus 08-20-2017 10:41 PM

thanks

thanks for the support and encouragement . I didn`t know I was competing.
let the games begin , bring a toy... .

Griff 08-21-2017 12:59 AM

A PR promoter handed out t-shirts for YOUR run at HIS run to help YOU promote your event???

I think you should be telling him Thank You

raceboat rus 08-21-2017 11:13 AM

you are right

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 4577340)
A PR promoter handed out t-shirts for YOUR run at HIS run to help YOU promote your event???

you are right and I have done so. my event is free to run in . I saw little result from the give aways. the give aways are not my concern they are done . should i do the pinata?

raceboat rus 08-21-2017 11:16 AM

you are right

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 4577340)

you are right and I have done so. my event is free to run in . I saw little result from the give aways. the give aways are not my concern they are done . should i do the pinata? to hand out give aways I would gladly do the same.

Marginmn 08-21-2017 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by raceboat rus (Post 4577316)
Would this be in bad taste? For over 10 years I have extended in person an invitation to several of the other poker run promoters an invitation to come to the toys tour and have done all I can to make them feel welcome . when you went to their events they handed out my toys tour T-shirts to their guests. Many thanks for the promo help . Other than Bill Pyburn I have not seen any other promoters at my Toys tour , Nor have I seen some from there group. I wish I felt better about this situations …….In reaction to this I will have my son make a piñata of that promoter . At the toys tour this piñata will be beat in effigy and the candy will pour out. This is all in fun .

Is this in poor taste ? Who should be the persons face on the piñata?

Yes it is. Makes you look small and butt hurt.