Chuck Norris vs Don Johnson offshore >

Chuck Norris vs Don Johnson offshore

Notices

Chuck Norris vs Don Johnson offshore

Old 08-21-2017, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Chuck Norris vs Don Johnson offshore

A little article about Chuck racing Don in NY a long time ago: https://www.wavetowave.com/home/2017...boats-big-hair
Old 08-21-2017, 02:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 333 Likes on 124 Posts

The water parts for chuck as if it isnt even there.

I'm surprised he didn't just walk around the course
Old 08-21-2017, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

They had to make a special rule just for Chuck because when he showed up to the first race his boat didn't have motors or drives. He just planned on hanging off the transom and round house kicking the boat around the course. They said it gave him a unfair advantage.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 891 Likes on 319 Posts

there are other differences. I was there during that time and met all of them and talked with them often. Chuck Norris is probably one of the nicest, down to earth guys you will ever meet. he used to come to the shop from time to time and go to lunch with us or would come see us at the docks and talk about how the boat was running and whenever someone recognized him he would take what ever amount of time it took for pictures and autographs. Kurt Russell was just as nice and easy going, we were in Long Beach and everyone was going to dinner and he looked over at me and said "you have a ride?, hop in and lets go". Don Johnson on the other hand only seemed to be nice if you were a pretty girl or an influential person. in Marathon one year he came out of the hotel right ahead of us and a kid about 10 years old came up and asked for an autograph and he looked down and said "I dont have time for that" and let his little entourage surround him. but let a pretty girl walk up and boy did he turn on the charm. like the story said, it was a different time back then.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Don't worry Comp, I bet he would sit down and tell you his life story today (being Don has not done much lately). Kind of have the same story with a local rock star. Won tickets off a radio station to a show and a meet and greet. The closest we came to greeting was "there he is over there, he'll be by shortly". When we herd the show start we kind of knew it wasn't going to happen. Years later I'm in this tiny local club and guess who comes in a sits down right beside me? Yup, nice as can be to. Paid for my drinks all night and got up and did a couple songs with the house band while I got to get to know the hotty he came in with. Turned into one of those nights you don't want to end.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
there are other differences. I was there during that time and met all of them and talked with them often. Chuck Norris is probably one of the nicest, down to earth guys you will ever meet. he used to come to the shop from time to time and go to lunch with us or would come see us at the docks and talk about how the boat was running and whenever someone recognized him he would take what ever amount of time it took for pictures and autographs. Kurt Russell was just as nice and easy going, we were in Long Beach and everyone was going to dinner and he looked over at me and said "you have a ride?, hop in and lets go". Don Johnson on the other hand only seemed to be nice if you were a pretty girl or an influential person. in Marathon one year he came out of the hotel right ahead of us and a kid about 10 years old came up and asked for an autograph and he looked down and said "I dont have time for that" and let his little entourage surround him. but let a pretty girl walk up and boy did he turn on the charm. like the story said, it was a different time back then.
Ya, I've heard Chuck is an amazing guy. Doesn't surprise me. Don doesn't surprise me either. Probably the difference between true confidence and humility vs a fake.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Chuck & Don

Its been quite a few years but at the Atlantic City races one year if I remember correctly you could walk up to every boat there except one. (Don Johnsons)
Old 08-24-2017, 11:39 AM
Registered

Don Johnson, Crockett's theme.

Last edited by blacktruck; 08-24-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,040 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
Just like in Tin Cup.........
Old 08-25-2017, 12:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, Kurt Russell is a nice guy. He and Goldie Hawn lived in Vancouver for awhile. They sold their house here about 10 years ago. But when they lived here, they kept a private plane at our local GA airport here. I met them both there. I also know people at the airport, they all say the same thing. Russell is nice like a social neighbor in a neighborhood. My older brothers best friend is a helicopter mechanic. The company he works for is based at the airport. So his friend knows most of the people that work there and also owners of GA planes based at the airport from when Russell and family had their plane there. Nice plane, but not mega bucks expensive like a Gulfstream, or even Cessna Citation jet. I think it was a Cessna Conquest or maybe a similar looking Piper Cheyenne, they had there. It was a 1970's, early 1980's twin turboprop. Anyway, my father is into flying as a private pilot. So the times we bumped into Russell and family at the airport. It was usually while loading up our plane or friends bumped into him doing the same, loading/fueling their planes. The entire family, was pretty casual, probably used to people coming up to them and talking. So they'd be neighborly and chit chat with you.......... Russell even admired other peoples planes and started the conversation........... I know a guy there with a old V-tail Bonanza single engine in mint shape. The plane is like late 1960's vintage and they are pretty inexpensive to buy now. Russell walked up to him apparently and started talking about his old Bonanza with him. So he is that kind of guy!