Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who you know (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/349354-who-you-know.html)

TYPHOON 08-23-2017 12:08 PM

Who you know

We all know its about who you know that helps get you that job. Well I have a nephew that just bought a home literally down the street on the water from the Fountain factory. HE WOULD LOVE TO GET A JOB THERE.He is from a boating family that has had homes on the water with boats for generations. He has relocated with his family. His name is Adam Funk from Buffalo NY. If you are from that area you probably know his father Bob Funk and his company Funk lawn spray. Big boating people. He is a very, very well rounded man with great values, personality, extremely versatile, sales orientated, management skills and hard work ethics. I know he will accelerate at any position he is in. Do any of you have any connections with the human resource people or just a name that might get him looked at as a potential candidate. If you want to interview him first before you toss his name in his e-mail is [email protected]. Also if you are from that area and are looking for a employee you may want to call him.
Thanks in advance lets see what the power of this site can do and I will keep you posted on his progress.
Randy Schleuss

Tractionless 08-24-2017 12:42 PM

Has he tried applying on his own merits yet? The way you speak of him it sound's like he won't have a problem becoming a candidate.

I knew exactly no one when starting my career and within 3 years clients were eating out of my hand. So sometimes it's more about the work ethic, personality, versatility etc. It sounds like his previous employer(s) should be able to speak volumes about him.

As recently as yesterday I had clients offer to help my wife get into a position in their industry. I respectfully declined, stating she should be treated like all the other candidates and her resume / interview should be the deciding factor, not that she's related to me. That's how you garner respect in the business world. And my approach will more than likely net her the job anyway, just in a manner not requesting a favor.

Marginmn 08-24-2017 01:07 PM

Fountain peeps rigged my Comp and still maintain it. Have him call James and tell him Robert Lipps found a kid who "claims" that he actually wants to work. James will hook him up 252-337-5312

TYPHOON 08-24-2017 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tractionless (Post 4578166)
Has he tried applying on his own merits yet? The way you speak of him it sound's like he won't have a problem becoming a candidate.

I knew exactly no one when starting my career and within 3 years clients were eating out of my hand. So sometimes it's more about the work ethic, personality, versatility etc. It sounds like his previous employer(s) should be able to speak volumes about him.

As recently as yesterday I had clients offer to help my wife get into a position in their industry. I respectfully declined, stating she should be treated like all the other candidates and her resume / interview should be the deciding factor, not that she's related to me. That's how you garner respect in the business world. And my approach will more than likely net her the job anyway, just in a manner not requesting a favor.

My father always said don't be afraid or embarrassed to ask for help.