Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The sudden loss of Charter Member & Moderator, BillR >

The sudden loss of Charter Member & Moderator, BillR

Notices

The sudden loss of Charter Member & Moderator, BillR

Old 09-02-2017, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you to all who attended yesterday. It was so great to see you! You know Bill was with us too. I am absolutely convinced he helped me get through the eulogy, because I am SO not a public speaker!

Miss you My brother...
Old 09-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill will be missed more than words can say...
Old 09-02-2017, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macklin
Thank you to all who attended yesterday. It was so great to see you! You know Bill was with us too. I am absolutely convinced he helped me get through the eulogy, because I am SO not a public speaker!

Miss you My brother...
Mack - you did a great job yesterday. Bill would have appreciated our gathering and it felt like he was there to me. Hard to believe our friend is not going to be out with us this weekend... 😔
Old 09-02-2017, 09:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Vyper340
Mack - you did a great job yesterday. Bill would have appreciated our gathering and it felt like he was there to me. Hard to believe our friend is not going to be out with us this weekend... ��
Its starting to really hit us now. Not a good day...

Last edited by Macklin; 09-02-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:29 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Macklin
Its starting to really hit us now. Not a good day...
Macklin (and Diane), thanks again for hosting the Celebration of Life at your beautiful house. In the absence of Bill for your normal Friday dinners with he and Cindy; you will always remember last night. Your eulogy was perfect, especially the part about your 12' skiffs when you were kids and you having a 9.9 and he had a 6; and the only time you were ever faster than him... perfection; and so true to Bill's nature and humor. I said to several folks that it was the most colorful funeral I have ever been to, and it had nothing to do with flowers; as it was all the boating event T-shirts that everyone was wearing.

I don't want to do this again for at least another 30-40 years, but yesterday was the perfect way to say goodbye to Bill. My heart aches for Cindy and his closest friends.
Old 09-02-2017, 11:09 AM
Registered

Thank you Brian. I just read that to Diane and it brought even more tears to her eyes. Me too.
I resurrected a text this morning that Bill had responded to last weekend when he was over for dinner. There are 10 of us on it. I mentioned that Diane suggested we make Labor Day Friday a BillR party. Rotating house. Put that on your calendar!
Old 09-03-2017, 02:59 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The service for Bill was tough but done well and Macklin as I said you gave a perfect eulogy. I would like to thank you and your wife for making a sad occasion easier on all of us and for your kindness and hospitality. Class act.

Bill had many friends for a reason, he was jovial, funny and always a friend. He will be sorely missed.