Notices

boating pet peeves

Old 09-01-2017, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

1st is like stated above. Ignorant fools that cannot back a trailer and load/unload their pile of crap in a timely and courteous manner.

2nd, no wake means no wake. Kids on jet ski's and morons who don't have a boat that properly idles and come through plowing and making a wake.

3rd people in the wrong area of the raft up or island. There are family areas then there are party areas. Don't bring kids to the party area if the music and half naked women offend you. Goes the same for don't let the drunk women and obscene music happen around the kids in the family section.

3rd, down right lack of courtesy for other boaters. When someone is fishing or broken down they want you to either idle past or run by wide open. DO NOT drop to 2000rpm and make a 4' wake thinking your doing them a favor by slowing down.

​​​4th, arrogant boat owners. Just because you are dumb enough to go out and extremely over pay for a new "bay" boat, does not give you the right to treat someone in an aluminum fishing boat or older boat with a demeaning attitude. Some of us would honestly rather be in a 30 year old boat that is still in good shape than have pissed away 85 grand on a pile of wood and glass that will rot in 10 years.

5th and final. People who have disobedient dogs on their boat and think that it is OK to let them wander around. I don't know about you guys but I have dogs. I love them. I have kids and love them. My children do not touch other people's boats because they have been taught not to. My dogs don't touch other boats BECAUSE I LEAVE THEM AT HOME WHERE THEY BELONG!
Old 09-01-2017, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My hitch stays in - watch your shins pal.

anything and everything at the boat ramp

I boat a lot on a small crowded lake - blows my mind why people think it's smart to tube/ski up our north channel where it is literally the tightest part of the lake. Its gotten to the point that I hardly run my boat when I'm there, just get to the cove and relax.

Sail boaters in my way will be my last
Old 09-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

Not much annoys me while boating. However I don't understand how picky some are of wet feet on their boat! It's a boat, WTF!!!
Old 09-01-2017, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by max930
I thought about this yesterday. I was in a corner parking space. So the car on my right back end would be beside me when backing straight out. I'm lucky in that my cars curb side mirror automatically trims to curb view. So backing out I saw the mini vans trailer hitch sticking out. If I didn't have the auto adjusting mirror, would not have seen the hitch. I would have backed out and the hitch would have scraped the side of my car. That's my biggest pet peeve, people that have a hitch receiver as apposed to the ball on the top of the bumper. Its removable for a reason. So when people leave the receiver on when not towing, tick me off. I've also have walked into them in busy parking lots.

The second is jet skis at the launch ramp. I hate it when they gun them onto plane right beside the ramp and courtesy dock.
if you start leaving your hitch in you would get use to us that leave ours in. I have 3 ball mounts that fit my trailers for ball size an hight. One will always be in the hitch.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My boat is slipped in a marina in a narrows between 2 lakes. The gas dock I use is in the channel....only gas dock on the lake that has non-ethanol fuel that passes a water test. the channel is a no wake zone. pet peeves...PWC's that think they need the whole channel...Big a$$ed cruisers that think they need the whole channel. People who don't know what no wake means. Fueling at the gas dock some clown will blast past...fuel all over the boat, in the water and the rocking boat against the dock. traveling through the channel at night and flood lights from oncoming boats right in your face.
Take the bait ? enjoy Orillia?s fish fest | The London Free Press. turn hard to port at the red channel marker is the entrance to the canal to my slip. This time of year, water depths are 4.5 feet through there.

Oh and the guy with the 60' Bluewater Intercoastal who ties his tender, a 23 foot wake boat off on the port side of his boat and barrels through the narrows
Old 09-01-2017, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
Good luck with the hitch thing, mine stays in. Someone rearends me the hitch takes the impact not my bumper.
Yup, I wish I could mount one on the front of my truck as well.
Way too many people park by sound, and wait to here a thump before stopping.
If you are hitting your legs on a hitch sticking out the back of anyones truck, you are walking to close to the truck.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

If you are so close to the back of my truck, driving in either direction or walking for that matter, that my hitch bothers you - you may be a pet peeve of mine. Just saying. I have a few others as well. ;-)
Old 09-01-2017, 06:31 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by 350scarab
Yup, I wish I could mount one on the front of my truck as well.
Way too many people park by sound, and wait to here a thump before stopping.
If you are hitting your legs on a hitch sticking out the back of anyones truck, you are walking to close to the truck.
They make front hitches. A few of my customers have them.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Biggest pet pev is the bar not having enough slips... come on we're freakn thirsty...

and my hitch stays in, sorry
Old 09-01-2017, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Our marina is to quiet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.