Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tritoon vs. Pontoon (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/349741-tritoon-vs-pontoon.html)

Wildman_grafix 09-13-2017 07:01 PM

Ok I can't help it, this is OSO. People used to say what the hell with all the CC's now we are talking about pontoons on 500 acre lakes?

To the OP, don't get me wrong not saying anything about the question but isn't there a site maybe more focused to the question?

Dave M 09-14-2017 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix (Post 4582212)
Ok I can't help it, this is OSO. People used to say what the hell with all the CC's now we are talking about pontoons on 500 acre lakes?

I see your point, but this site seems to be dying a slow death these days as well as the "performance" boat thing in general.

Quinlan 09-14-2017 06:27 AM

I would rather die a Slow death then discuss 110 mph Toons lol :lolhit:

Didnt one hit that this year at the Shootout? We wont let Toons tie up to our raft ups lol the look on their face is Priceless :gfight:

turbom700 09-14-2017 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Quinlan (Post 4582284)

Didnt one hit that this year at the Shootout? We wont let Toons tie up to our raft ups lol the look on their face is Priceless :gfight:

Before you know it they wont be letting you tie up to there raft up!!!

We are all out there to have a good time not sure why it matters what the haul is made out of, or what shape it is. Or maybe your insecure that your big bad v-bottom boat will get passed by some little pontoon boat.:riding:

Quinlan 09-14-2017 07:11 PM

Not at all- Usually THEY dont have the proper bumpers to join the line. And if one of them offered me a ride at a Hundie--- I would be On IT! :)

Wobble 09-15-2017 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Quinlan (Post 4582284)

it's the only way to bring a decent BBQ pit we always have one if we can

Ing 09-18-2017 09:37 PM

I met a guy yesterday rafted up on Lake Champlain near Plattsburgh. Went from a 38 Fountain to a 24 Larson TTT tritoon deckboat with a single 400 Verado. The boat was amazingly plush and the most efficient use of 25' I've ever seen. The tubes were unlike I've ever seen. They were not round tubes but square. The boat runs over 50 and was smoking other runaboats and deckboats. The boat was rigged and sold by Aquamania in Alexandria Bay, NY. That is the home of the world champion turbine powered cat.

25 Triple TTT | Larson Escape Pontoons

outonsafari 09-18-2017 10:13 PM

i have trouble w/ 1 poontang how you are you guys making 2 or 3 work with such good results ?

c0ncEpT 09-19-2017 09:21 AM

If your looking to pull tubers than its hard to beat a ski boat with an inboard and a rudder. Nothing is going to turn harder.

thirdchildhood 09-19-2017 10:13 AM

Off Shore ONLY?