Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fast Deck Boats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/349877-fast-deck-boats.html)

TeamSaris 09-19-2017 05:52 AM

Fast Deck Boats

We have a customer who currently has a 280 Velocity with one of our 750s in it. Very nice rig, but the family is growing and the needs are changing. The Velocity is going up for sale and he's asked us to do a little homework on a 26-30 foot single engine deck boat. What's the one to own? I don't have any real experience in that field and I don't want to steer a friend wrong. He doesn't mind having to throw some HP at it to make it fast but let's stay with something designed to go fast, not a cruiser. Needs to be able to handle Lake George 1-3 weekend slop. I tried pitching an MCOB Sunsation or an open bow DCB, no luck. So deck boat it is.

Thanks for any real world experience!

Marginmn 09-19-2017 08:07 AM

12 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by TeamSaris (Post 4583166)
We have a customer who currently has a 280 Velocity with one of our 750s in it. Very nice rig, but the family is growing and the needs are changing. The Velocity is going up for sale and he's asked us to do a little homework on a 26-30 foot single engine deck boat. What's the one to own? I don't have any real experience in that field and I don't want to steer a friend wrong. He doesn't mind having to throw some HP at it to make it fast but let's stay with something designed to go fast, not a cruiser. Needs to be able to handle Lake George 1-3 weekend slop. I tried pitching an MCOB Sunsation or an open bow DCB, no luck. So deck boat it is.

Thanks for any real world experience!

I call my 29 Advantage X-Flight a Deck boat on steroids. They do about 70 with a 525 and can haul a ton of people. I've had 13 peeps in mine at one time. The sponsons actually trap air like a cat and help cushion the ride in chop. They are really popular out west, don't see many here in the midwest.

glassdave 09-19-2017 08:35 AM

saw xflight at XT Innovations, That is one cool azz boat :cool:

WARPARTY36 09-19-2017 09:47 AM

The E-Ticket at the Shootout was pretty cool. It had twins, but I about fell over when he said it was a 150 MPH boat.

SecondWind 09-19-2017 10:02 AM

Here's one with similar performance capabilities of his current ride.

2006 Magic 28 Deck Boat powerboat for sale in Arizona

TeamSaris 09-19-2017 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36 (Post 4583208)
The E-Ticket at the Shootout was pretty cool. It had twins, but I about fell over when he said it was a 150 MPH boat.

I've heard a lot about those, they seem awesome. Twin is the deal breaker though.

Keep em coming guys, thanks!

TeamSaris 09-19-2017 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Marginmn (Post 4583187)
I call my 29 Advantage X-Flight a Deck boat on steroids. They do about 70 with a 525 and can haul a ton of people. I've had 13 peeps in mine at one time. The sponsons actually trap air like a cat and help cushion the ride in chop. They are really popular out west, don't see many here in the midwest.

That is slick!

snapmorgan 09-19-2017 12:26 PM

I will second the 29 X Flight. One of the smoothest riding boats that I have ever been on

kreed 09-19-2017 12:42 PM

Jason, talk to your customer Robb Maltempo. He is a customer of yours with the 24ft HTM from CT, He has a fast deck boat too and could send you in the right direction!

WARPARTY36 09-19-2017 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by TeamSaris (Post 4583243)
I've heard a lot about those, they seem awesome. Twin is the deal breaker though.

Keep em coming guys, thanks!

It looks like they have a 26 single engine in the works if the budget allows for a new boat.

https://eticketboats.com/boats/26-luxury-cat/