Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What's this boat??? Sunsation >

What's this boat??? Sunsation

Notices

What's this boat??? Sunsation

Old 09-27-2017, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the Noremac (Cameron backwards) Grew boats were copies of some other boat flipped. The company changed name a half dozen times due to financial issues over the years. Second rate quality at best. From what I remember it did not run well and don't think more than a couple dozen were ever made. When I saw one at the Toronto boat show years ago it looked like a 4 x 4 board was used to create the steps in the hull. Very rough and poor looking.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

YEs, the Challenger XLX 3100 was an average boat, and was a splash of the Magnum 27. I owned the last one produced, and it was a good hull, and the rigging was in my opinion slightly above average. The layup schedule included vinylester resins, knytex bi and tri-directional glass, as well as end grain balsa coring throughout. At 31 feet, the boat weighed dry 5750 pounds(that was what my weighed). With twin 502 mags, I was GPS'd at 85 mph with 30" Bravo props, but it took half the lake to get up to speed. I Went to 28p for better mid range, and the boat handled quite well at all speeds. With the 28P she ran about 76-7 on the gps. Loaded, a bit less. It was a fun boat, and it held up very well both in finish and rigging. The new owner is still running well at 600 hours. I have an MP4 with it at speed, but I cant upload.