Notices

Apache

Old 10-11-2002, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apache

I admit I was brought up on wooden boats but I've been in 41' Apaches and Cigarette Top Guns the last few years. There has also been a 24'Skater under my belt and I have yet to turn 30. I'm concerned still by the lack of respect by men for women's experience in boating, they disregard it. I can dock an Apache, and have done tons of times, I think I never post here becausee I don't think I fit in
Old 10-11-2002, 10:11 PM

Actually Too Old you are at the root of it. My first post was about Jason Priestly whom now I think should race golf carts. I think you were the first one to slam me. As a result I haven't shared any knowledge I have about several issues
Old 10-11-2002, 10:41 PM

Goiing to bed noww, hope some women share my experience
Old 10-11-2002, 10:47 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Hi Becca, Welcome to the board.

Sometimes people make thier first post after lurking for a while because they finally feel strong enough about an issue to say something. This often gets taken in the wrong way as people don't know who you are and some people have alternative motives.

Share your thoughts and experiences. Now than some girls are racing, thier driving skills are being taken more seriously.

So, who's toys are you playing with?
Old 10-12-2002, 12:04 AM
Registered

Becca
You going to be in Key West this year? You can dock my boat all you want . If it's windy, you can pull straight into the slip because that's exactly what I am going to do. These people that don't give the girls enough credit for what they can do are only little penis boys that feel threatened by you presence. I already have one girl on board that I know I could give the boat to her and not worry about a thing except her husband worrying about what she's doing, not me. I think I might have a REAL famous girl from the board here on the boat for a couple days, but we'll see. Keep your chin up and don't let these people get to you
Robert
Old 10-12-2002, 03:32 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Becca, don't take anything here personally. It ain't worth it.
Most of the "regulars" on the board are great people and say whats on their minds. They may have different views on stuff and disagree with each others opinions, but most don't intend to get personal.
Most of us would love to have S/O's with your boating experience and your opinions are welcome. Heck, I wish I had that much experience.
Old 10-12-2002, 05:42 AM
DanL

she tends to get down on herself every now and then,Griff. Beccas a great boater and wears the hell out of a bikini!! 2 years ago at the 1000 Islands Poker Run, she pulled her Top Gun off the trailer and into a slip and had 10 guys grabbing lines for her. Later, when she pulled out of the town harbor, one young Canadian buck said "Thats Pamela Anderson, eh?"

Old 10-12-2002, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Hi Becca, seen your posts before. I remember reading some of your posts of handling a TG. My wife also can run the hell out of a boat!

Don`t take anyone on here too seriously,

Kurt.
Old 10-12-2002, 07:54 AM
Registered

Becca , you fit in perfectly !!! and your know how should serve as an inspiration to the women who may wish to learn things that some may deem a "mans" role. I certainly don't share that belief...and respect what you may have to offer all of us.
Old 10-12-2002, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

HI Becca ! Welcome back ! You must be the one that hangs around with that "Dan" guy I'll bet you can handle the boats fine as many ladies can . I give you a lot of credit for doing it . MAny ladys are intimidated by it . I'll have to get you to give my girl Sandy some pep talk on how to run my 39' express cat. I know she can do it but she is shy about it and is afraid of someone thinking bad of her if she makes a mistake . I told her it's her boat as much as mine and if someone doesn't like it throw them off , YES, IN THE WATER !! She ran my old 40' fromula great as well as the truck and trailer !! Guys are blown away when they see her back the boat down the ramp !!And in one try too !! A friend of mine used to keep his boat at Ocean Beach marina in LAvalette . I would say over 50% of the boats there never left the dock AT ALL !! Because the MEN owners couldn't drive em to get back in the slip ! They just went and stayed on them all day like they were cool ........

Anyway , Don't be shy ! Speek your peice . And add some of your experience to the board for those less fortunate !If you are who I think you are you already know me as JOE...... from Flemington ?

Say hi to Dan . Ask him where my muffler is !

Last edited by boot; 10-12-2002 at 11:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Apache

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.