Notices

Don't Come Back!

Old 09-28-2017, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

To make things more interesting in both cases the lake associations press the Sheriff departments, and in the case of Torch lake they actually purchased the db meter and donated it to them. The problem is the officers have not been trained on how to operate it, my boat tested at 96 db one year, I added clamp on mufflers the next year and it tested at 108. The 96 was believable with a single, the 108 with mufflers is a joke. I actually asked for the test after I had the mufflers installed so I would not be hassled, cop was a total prick. After showing him my paperwork from the year before and showing him the mufflers I added, he said I changed something...basically calling me a liar. Have not seen that fat ass back on the water this year.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

I was not familiar with the size or location of either of these lakes. After looking them up on the map, what is the attraction when you have Lake Michigan? Looking at the map, this sounds like teenagers rough housing in the kiddie pool.

I am not arguing the dB issue, but acknowledge the situation.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Click the link

https://www.google.com/search?q=torc...w=1093&bih=546
Old 09-28-2017, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We had similar issue with a local water patrol, a few phone calls where made to state representative for that area. Mysteriously she is no longer there after 1 season.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Well.. A part. Of it is perspective. Northern Michigan. A lot of lake front property owns spent a bunch of money for what they thought is quiet tranquil serene shoreline. The drone of a couple big blocks is not relaxing to them. And given our big fast loud boats it's like jetskiing in a bathtub. I like fast loud boats as much as anyone but when your dealing with local property owners with a hotline to the local law enforcement vs transient non local power boaters the locals are going to win, right wrong or indifferent. Trying to fight the local law enforcement is like trying to fight the cook before dinner is served, it's just not going to taste good in the end.
ho
Old 09-28-2017, 11:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Chesapeake bay...no issues with this crap...
Old 09-28-2017, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Add "sandbar" to that search and you'll see what law enforcement is dealing with on that lake, which is gorgeous by the way. If it were me wanting to be on that lake in a loud boat, I'd either 1.) Go see the cops first during the week and express my desire to be a law abiding boater and offer to let them test your exhaust with their dB meter (and maybe take 'em some donuts or BBQ) or 2.) Get a ticket without them testing your dB level and go let the judge decide who is right or wrong based on state statute, which is pretty clear.

Edit:

Check this out, Torch Lake chock full of go-fast boats. Maybe your friend was doing something these folks aren't doing that resulted in being asked to leave:

Last edited by Thunderous; 09-28-2017 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:00 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
Maybe Im getting old, but who really has the time or energy to mess with water police? If theres an AHOLE cop on the water, I boat somewhere else...down or up river. I dont want to be bothered with getting boarded, checking for safety equipment, possibly DWI.....Just cooperate and be nice. Let the thugs push buttons....not me. Ive learned being nice goes a LOOOOng way.
Great idea.......but how does that work on a 20-30 mile long lake?

You tow an hour, launch the boat at one of 3-4 ramps on the entire lake and then are told to get the boat off the lake? At minimum your day is ruined by hauling the boat to another lake....if one is even nearby.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:04 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunderous
Add "sandbar" to that search and you'll see what law enforcement is dealing with on that lake, which is gorgeous by the way. .

Last edited by SB; 09-28-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:06 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

After looking up the pics...yup, seems an awful small lake for such activities. The beauty of the water is definitely the draw to all, so I can see the clashes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.