Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who can recomend a machine shop to build some motors?? >

Who can recomend a machine shop to build some motors??

Notices

Who can recomend a machine shop to build some motors??

Old 10-28-2017, 04:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,040 Likes on 1,353 Posts

The OP comes on here in another thread calling a good standing member a liar about a post he made, billet this and that, must be a top fuel engine.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd put some "luminum" rods in that beotch and let it eat!
Old 10-28-2017, 05:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Agreed, if you don't believe this just look at any thread by Full Force on here.. it everyone else's fault his sh!t breaks all the time...Also bought a sunk titanic clone that was "wet in a couple spots"
REALLY???? gotta start chit for no reason huh? I break all the time? please inform me the issues I had after the ONE time ONE engine broke? tell me please... 110 hours of ZERO PROBLEMS....let it go....as far as the "wet" boat? yep so stupid to make money for myself LOL don't be a hater or jealous I have the ability to do so.

I have a suggestion for anyone hating on me GET OVER IT... I have proved you all wrong so let it go.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Try giving Carl Hinkson a call

http://hinksonautomotive-cncblocks.com/shop-tour/

Theres "pro" marine engine builders, that have other shops do their machine work and short block assemblies for them. Sometimes there isnt enought time in a day for a 1 or 2 man show, to be assembling engines, rigging , plumbing, making custom brackets, and so on, when you have a stack of customers engines to get done. Let alone play machinist boring blocks, honing lifter bores, balancing rotating assemblies, and so on.

I wouldnt expect much in the way of a warranty, but hell, even a brand new mercury marine engine isnt coming with a 5 yr 60k mile warranty.
Another vote for Carl Hinkson. He performed all the machine work on my blown 572 shortblocks and it was flawless, and checked out perfect during assembly. Plus he has a pretty good motto.
Attached Thumbnails Who can recomend a machine shop to build some motors??-img_4683.jpg  
Old 10-29-2017, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lol....full funk force

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Agreed, if you don't believe this just look at any thread by Full Force on here.. it everyone else's fault his sh!t breaks all the time...Also bought a sunk titanic clone that was "wet in a couple spots"

that dude is the absolute biggest toooooool....he goes by "quick change" he's gotten so used to replacing his junk he knick named himself...personally I'd call him "quick to cry" dudes comical..."I do my own surveys" lol.. now he says he knew the top spung he bought was just part of his master plan...u add up his travel, time invested looking for a boat..and time spent parting it.. time spent POSTING USE LESS THREADS about it..or WHT ever he is tooling on and everything the guy touches turns to complete ****...

please do not listen to, have work.done or even discuss ur project with "quick to cry" aka...Timmy p...

Last edited by gunny; 10-29-2017 at 06:31 AM.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by gunny
that dude is the absolute biggest toooooool....he goes by "quick change" he's gotten so used to replacing his junk he knick named himself...personally I'd call him "quick to cry" dudes comical..."I do my own surveys" lol.. now he says he knew the top spung he bought was just part of his master plan...u add up his travel, time invested looking for a boat..and time spent parting it.. time spent POSTING USE LESS THREADS about it..or WHT ever he is tooling on and everything the guy touches turns to complete ****...

please do not listen to, have work.done or even discuss ur project with "quick to cry" aka...Timmy p...
Too funny you have no idea..... at all.....LOLOLOLOL
Old 10-29-2017, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by turbos230
Ok this is my idea tell me your feedback
First I want to build super bulletproof short blocks and I will put the heads fuel injection myself.
I want to complete a list of parts to buy and then buy the parts online and send them to a machine shop where they will balance and assemble the parts and then send me the short blocks
I want to buy online because it is cheaper of course but that is not the main reason.I want to choose all the parts for my build and if you buy a premade engine it will never be exactly how you like it.

Does anyone know of a shop that has the ability to balance crank shafts and built with high quality standards, where I can do it how I want.Anywhere in the usa

Dart Blocks
Billet Rods- balanced
Forged diamond pistons- balanced
Lunatti or Crower forged or billet crankshaft

?????????
DIY price is only available to DIY. This may not be your sport.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TxHawk
DIY price is only available to DIY. This may not be your sport.
I did not say I want Diy prices I said I want to buy the parts I need to have in the engines and be sure that my parts are put in every part the way I want it.Read my post
many engine builders will not even tell you the build sheet and some have been accused of putting used parts in no names to be mentioned.
Money is not the problem but also I dont like to waste it.The engines the way I want to build will be 136k with a big name engine builder.Do I have to act like a tough guy with a big gold chain and small di.ck and say I dont care about the money f.k it I will throw 130k when I could get the short blocks and do the whole project for 60k? Sorry for being smart

I have taken engines for cars with my parts to a machine shop and they said yes sir and did the work I dont think what I am asking is strange
Old 10-29-2017, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

If you find a reputable builder he/she will tell you what they will use. They will also tell you what it will cost, give or take if your using old parts that don't work out. They will give you an estimate of the job and stick to it. While I see what your trying to do in making sure they use those parts you want, I would add a thought. If you provide all the parts, they say yes we will do as you want. Then when your gone, they can also use something else.

In short, find someone which can be trusted and let them do the job.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Craney
Read the thread about Eddie Young then make your own decision. Eddie Young.
So Eddie Young is a user/member on this forum right .What is his user name, dont say it is just EddieYoung........................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.