Notices

I saw you KAAMA!!!

Old 10-24-2002, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up I saw you KAAMA!!!

Looked good going down the road. I saw you right after the launch at about 7:15 man it gets dark fast. How did the ride go?
Old 10-24-2002, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't heard how fast KAAMA is going does anyone know?
Old 10-24-2002, 08:52 PM
Registered

He ain't talkin' 'cuz he's YELLA.
Old 10-24-2002, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Thumbs up went real well...

We took my A/T out this afternoon around 4:00PM. The weather was decent and the wind was coming out of the S.E. and Lake Michigan was FLAT! So, we decided to do a test run. I had my cousin and one of his friends with me on the boat. It was very cold out there and we were dressed with gloves, ski hats, ski goggles, thick jackets, etc.

We were on a fact finding run. It appeared to be that my Starboard engine is running a hot----up to about 200*+ So we wanted to see what was going on. My cousin Jason brought along a laser temp sensing tool/gun (or whatever it is). Boy did that thing ever prove to be invaluable! I'm going to have to get myself one of those. It took the guess work right out of everything! He shot just about everything with that thing---thermostats, water cross over on both side of the intakes manifolds, headers, oil coolers, oil thermostats, various spots on the blocks, oil lines going into and out of oil cooler, water discharge from the exhaust, fuel lines. He was able to get any temperature reading from anything I wanted at any RPM---we were running without my engine hatch on so we could see/monitor everything. I have 160* thermostats in the housings, and though my BRAND NEW Gaffrig water temp gauge says my starboard engine is running warm @200+ degrees we shot it with the temp laser and it is actually running at about 155* and the Port engine is running @ 170*---good enough for me. We're going to do some more testing/swaping and find out why these NEW water temp gauges and/or sending units aren't working correctly.

We took the boat down to Saugatuck and went up the river and turned around in front of Coral Gables and headed back out...it was a beautiful afternoon and then we ran back north past Holland and up to Port Sheldon and turned around there and headed back to Holland. The engines ran great----with the Stellings they really start singing well at about 3700rpm.
Old 10-24-2002, 09:12 PM
Registered

Certainly you have hit WOT by now. I don't know how you guys do it. I have never been able to hold back on my maiden voyages from one hard pass at WOT to see what it is gonna do. My motto is to break it in the way you are gonna drive it. So come on KAAMA, hit that recall on your GPS speedo and tell us how fast. My guess is KAAMA knows, but isn't tellin so we will still attempt to run him, then he will put the hurt on us. Glad to hear things are going well for you. I winterized last weekend after one last bonzai run at 97 MPH on our lake last Saturday. That was cold!!!! I need to find 3 MPH!!!
Old 10-24-2002, 09:31 PM
Registered

Old 10-24-2002, 09:42 PM
Registered

He's just like DanB. Goes just fast enough to pass you but never runs it against the throttle stop to show you how fast it really is.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:34 PM
Registered

Yep!----and it's ALL cuz I'm YELLA!
Old 10-25-2002, 07:24 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

I know how fast but I'm not tellin!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2002, 07:56 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought a small infra-red temp gauge from Radio Shack (point and shoot. Have used it a couple times to confirm bad gauges and quick checks. Good to hear your up and running! See any Penguines out there