Reggie Fountain In Key West: On the Kilo Boat, 100-MPH Cruiser and More

Old 11-13-2017, 02:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Old 11-13-2017, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It’s the guys’ passion and pride and $$$ and it’s what he wants to do. Once he does it and annihilates it, everyone that is being a homo on this thread will completely change perspective and start nutswinging...

Obviously holding the speed title is worth the risk because everyone since 1920 has been trying to be the fastest with everything down to roller skates. I’m not gonna hate on anyone that want’s to out perform and try to keep their name on top. Middle fingers in the air to everyone else that has a vag!na for a d!ck...

tripsftw
Old 11-13-2017, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by strugglinToolSalesMan
As I get older, I like that saying age is just a number !!! A redesigned hull after 10+ years.... will be interesting, where the changes will be ??? bigger steps? location? etc
What makes you think they are changing the bottom?
Old 11-14-2017, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by triple 300s
It’s the guys’ passion and pride and $$$ and it’s what he wants to do. Once he does it and annihilates it, everyone that is being a homo on this thread will completely change perspective and start nutswinging...

Obviously holding the speed title is worth the risk because everyone since 1920 has been trying to be the fastest with everything down to roller skates. I’m not gonna hate on anyone that want’s to out perform and try to keep their name on top. Middle fingers in the air to everyone else that has a vag!na for a d!ck...

tripsftw
Looks like TrippleDigits got a new screen name!

The World Unlimited water speed record is the officially recognised fastest speed achieved by a water-borne vehicle. The current record is 511 km/h (318 mph) - achieved by Australian Ken Warby in the Spirit of Australia in 1978.

With an approximate fatality rate of 85% since 1940,
the record is one of the sporting world's most hazardous competitions. Two official attempts to beat the 1978 record have resulted in the death of the driver; but despite this there are several teams working to make further attempts.

So looks like after the Spirit of Qatar pass at 244 and this soon to be 40 yr old record set by Ken Warby the boys at Fountain have their work cut out for them! Good luck and be safe!
Old 11-14-2017, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Benny, and Mike are two of the best V bottom guys around. If anyone has a shoot at the V bottom speed record I would put right up there, and with Reggie in the mix the odds get even better.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Looks like TrippleDigits got a new screen name!

The World Unlimited water speed record is the officially recognised fastest speed achieved by a water-borne vehicle. The current record is 511 km/h (318 mph) - achieved by Australian Ken Warby in the Spirit of Australia in 1978.

With an approximate fatality rate of 85% since 1940,
the record is one of the sporting world's most hazardous competitions. Two official attempts to beat the 1978 record have resulted in the death of the driver; but despite this there are several teams working to make further attempts.

So looks like after the Spirit of Qatar pass at 244 and this soon to be 40 yr old record set by Ken Warby the boys at Fountain have their work cut out for them! Good luck and be safe!
I don't think Warby was a prop driven boat and Qatar is a turbine cat. There are reasons for classes.

Just like going to Bonneville, you can be a low budget guy trying to break the worlds fastest flat head 4 cyl or a big money attempt at the all out speed.

Lucky we humans like to push things or we would all be behind a horse on the way to work. Lets just hope whatever the outcome is they are safe.

Cheers,
Old 11-14-2017, 10:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Kilo boat

I heard there was there a change of plans on the new kilo boat? Shaft drives now and not # 6s??
Old 11-25-2017, 09:20 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Personally I'd love to catch a ride with Reggie Sr. in one of his boats, just not deep into the triple digits.
JS, I rode with him in Cat Killer at 150 MPH while I was up there looking at purchasing the Wilson's old P1 race boat, and a second 40'er with 6's. He was like a little kid at Christmas throttling that boat. His passion was real, and the boat accelerated even harder than my 36 1075 Skater. Awesome!!!!

On another note, Reggie was promising all of the factory race support etc... and I still remember asking him if he would like for my attorneys to put together the agreements, or if his guys had previous documents we could work from. Reggie replied something to the effect of.... he could do more for me without putting things in writing... which I replied... great, then it shouldn't be a problem to provide just exactly what we discussed, and nothing more, in writing. I don't think he liked that much. LOL

Thanks for God's small blessings.... Reggie's banker was also there, who knew one of my business mentors from Houston. We chatted quite a bit during dinner. Nice guy! I never shared this with Mark or Craig, and I can only presume they were not aware, but after 'following my gut' and passing on the purchase, Fountain shut down VERY shortly thereafter. Hmmm..... What a waste of time!!! But, I did get to ride in the infamous Cat Killer, which was pretty cool. Oh, and Reggie gave me a very nice Fountain jacket. :-)

Best of luck to Reggie and the entire team... Godspeed to all.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:27 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

For a new startup boat company trying to reinvigorate sportboat sales this probably isn't the best use of capital and resources (personnel, materials, motors,
Hmmm.... I wonder how they're going to market and get the word out they're building go-fast's? LOL