Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Race World Offshore Releases 2018 Schedule >

Race World Offshore Releases 2018 Schedule

Notices

Race World Offshore Releases 2018 Schedule

Old 11-15-2017, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

The ohio race in mentor has had a great turn out the last two years. I think if they moved it to the west end the turn out would be even bigger. But ether way the fans show up to have a good time. I know if they keep coming here there will be more aND more people coming out to watch.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by angel3339
SBI has the biggest following and probably the largest offshore racing as of right now right?
A few years ago I would have agreed with you 100%, but after reading a post in the Key West Thread and seeing a post of FB by one of the race teams and seeing the thinning numbers I am not sure SBI has the following it used to. It does seem to go in waves, but this isn't the first rumbling of SBI fading away I have heard (I hope this is just bad rumor)...... I don't want to see any of the race organizations go away as I enjoy the racing. I do have a small loyalty to OPA as I patrol their St Clair race (and did the Detroit River Race in 14). But would gladly attend any organizations race if logistics worked in my favor.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
The ohio race in mentor has had a great turn out the last two years. I think if they moved it to the west end the turn out would be even bigger. But ether way the fans show up to have a good time. I know if they keep coming here there will be more aND more people coming out to watch.
I think the dates of the SBI Mentor race and OPAs St Clair Race being close together has helped both races numbers. Logistically speaking it has to be easier on the smaller teams to have race sites and dates close together.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Sweet I'll be at the Riviera Beach event for sure.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:35 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Did anything become of the new org out west that said they would not tell anyone the classes rules and schedules untill after they signed up??
At first. I thought it was the same peeps, but it was not.
That was Round Up Cup aka ORO https://www.offshoreracingorganization.com/
Pretty sure they never had a single race.

Last edited by Griff; 11-19-2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Did anything become of the new org out west that said they would not tell anyone the classes rules and schedules untill after they signed up??
Nancy Pelosi is in charge of that one.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:38 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

The Championship race at LOTO is most likely not going to happen
https://www.lakeexpo.com/boating/lak...29e86bd1e.html
Old 12-15-2017, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the meeting in KW they did say canopy boat only, it will be the classes list on the website.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:49 AM
Registered

Since we don't race a boat that fits their classifications, I don't have an opinion one way or another about the new organization. I do find it interesting that for a group that talks about moving offshore to the next level of professionalism, that they would release a schedule where 2 of the events already have been cancelled. Especially where it seems that they did not even file permits or talk to the appropriate authorities about conducting the events.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:47 AM
Registered

That's not necessarily the case Larry has had multiple meetings with Key West and still in negotiations try to make it happen the problem is the cruise ships and the Navy base they are trying to coordinate something that works for everyone there's a limited amount of weekends available. If you read the article that came out about loto he had spoke to the powers to be and they had a verbal intent but when I went in front of the city they decided they were only going to have two events this year instead of 3.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.