All Gain And No Pain In Skater 36 ROS Swap Out For Verado 400Rs >

All Gain And No Pain In Skater 36 ROS Swap Out For Verado 400Rs

Notices

All Gain And No Pain In Skater 36 ROS Swap Out For Verado 400Rs

Old 11-16-2017, 11:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
Power heads were almost under water when idling. Pic is flat calm with no waves. They sit up nicely now. Motors are the same..ROS and R. The only difference between them is the mid and that the ROS dry sump is externally mounted in the boat because of lack of room in mid. What's not to love? Same speed and full warranty.

There are a few additional mechanical differences, for example, a different steering system (not the consumer Verado system), solid mounts, etc, etc... And the 400ROS has NO warranty. That's a big deal for me. That's enough for me to not consider the 400ROS when the 400R has the full warranty with the extended option.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
What speed number do you think this boat has in it? I assume it’s slower in FL.
It turned 119 mph.

I am sure they could get another 1-2 out of it but is it worth it? That is a great number as it is.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
It turned 119 mph.

I am sure they could get another 1-2 out of it but is it worth it? That is a great number as it is.
I knew that, I asked Double Rigged that since he has so much experience with them.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

one thing everyone forget's is that 119 mph is a GREAT speed for a 36 foot cat with twin O/B's , But this is not an everyday day speed with fuel , people, ice and gear on the boat . I would think that this boat would cruise AWESOME in the 90 to 100 mph zone all day long , and this is also a great # for this size boat , So I will get **** for this but who cares about 2 or 3 mph more just to say it did it one time in it's life

mike
Old 11-17-2017, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by adamseraphine
There are a few additional mechanical differences, for example, a different steering system (not the consumer Verado system), solid mounts, etc, etc... And the 400ROS has NO warranty. That's a big deal for me. That's enough for me to not consider the 400ROS when the 400R has the full warranty with the extended option.
A few mechanical differences? The only thing the same is the powerhead and the gearcase. I agree 100% that the ROS should not even be a consideration for a recreational performance boat (they definitely aren't going on the back of my 30). I will give those guys credit for trying though, as the boat was definitely a one-of-a-kind with the ROS on the back of it. I feel bad for Matt that it didn't work out, as I know that cost him a lot of money. Either way, it's a badass rig with either sets of 400s hanging off the back.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skater30
A few mechanical differences? The only thing the same is the powerhead and the gearcase. I agree 100% that the ROS should not even be a consideration for a recreational performance boat (they definitely aren't going on the back of my 30). I will give those guys credit for trying though, as the boat was definitely a one-of-a-kind with the ROS on the back of it. I feel bad for Matt that it didn't work out, as I know that cost him a lot of money. Either way, it's a badass rig with either sets of 400s hanging off the back.
You're absolutely right. I was downplaying it because I don't know the specifics, but overall, they are NOT the same motors.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would think that 400 ros has a HOT tune for better acceleration among some other tuning tricks . but at the end of the game 400 is 400
Old 11-17-2017, 12:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Why hasn’t someone put two outboards on each side of a cat.

We’d then be talking 800 hp a side and probably could start pushing 40 foot cats
Old 11-17-2017, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by BraceYourself

We’d then be talking 800 hp a side and probably could start pushing 40 foot cats
Guys are already going too fast. Too many crashes and deaths. 119 is plenty fast IMO.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BraceYourself

2 thoughts:

If you're spending that kind of money, you haven't given up on the cost it takes to maintain big power, so why not stick with it. What will the different in cost be for the new QC4V N/A setup be vs. 2 400R's?

At some point, I would imagine that the lowers and props, at least what's currently available, does not support a 150+ 40' boat. Are the 400R's pulling water from a thru hull or in the lower? Are there gear sets and props available for them to run faster than 130?

Last edited by TxHawk; 11-17-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.