Notices

92 Fountain in Missouri

Old 11-20-2017, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 92 Fountain in Missouri

Does anybody know or recognize this boat? I have contacted the seller but he doesn't want to give a phone number even though we have exchanged numerous emails. It just seems shady if someone cant or doesn't want to talk to a serious buyer on the phone.

https://loz.craigslist.org/boa/d/fou...352076957.html
Old 11-20-2017, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

If they seem shady just walk away. Not worth it.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,038 Likes on 1,352 Posts

where in MO. is it suppose to be
Old 11-20-2017, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 1,481 Likes on 802 Posts

I hear where he's coming from to an extent but given that amount yes at some point gotta talk to each other. You can learn a lot from somebody within a minute on the phone. I must admit I hate talking on the phone myself especially if it's like selling no brainier type stuff and somebody wants to call me about a fuel pump and have me tell them about it wtf.

Totally different deal here though. I'd be worried about the face hooker type horror stories. Nice hottie in pic and some dude ends up meeting up with some fat ugly slob. Serves them right actually. Lol...

To bad you can't pinpoint the area boat is. You'd be amazed how many things I've cked out on google earth. Especially the scammers who do the eBay/Craigslist crap. Ya, pay movers fee and I will pay you back including full price for item. Blabla bla.

Be careful.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

It’s no secret that Fountains have a high probability of rot with that swim step at the waterline. If he wants to meet at a Starbucks with the boat then run. Lol
Old 11-20-2017, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 1,481 Likes on 802 Posts

I realize I'm not helping cdail but make note of 200 engine hours (200). How many on boat I wonder. Pics don't look bad but two things I noticed. One is the cockpit floor drivers side. Dirty and looks like stored without cover. Also the cuddly pic looks like that old brownish color coming up on carpet from trapped water. Plus all pics seem to be low resolution at least what I'm getting anyway. No map to area on his listing.

Very limited details about boat. Basically none.

Last edited by getrdunn; 11-20-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:39 AM
Registered

All items in pics I have noticed but the problem is I'm in NC and he is in Missouri, I assume around lake of the Ozarks so not real easy to just swing by and take a look. His emails have said no rot in the boat (?). He also hasn't told me a city or exact location so I don't know exactly where it is.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

His phone number was listed in a previous post in the St. Louis craigslist boat classifieds. He's located somewhere in Illinois, Carbondale Ill if i remember correctly. We texted back and forth quite a few times because my buddy was pretty interested in it, but we were never able to meet up because he was busy a lot and we could never find a time that worked for the both of us. Nobody's fault I guess, but it would have been nice to see it in person. I know if I'm selling I'll bend over backwards to make time to meet a potential buyer. Those who don't, don't get their stuff sold, period. From what i gathered, he claimed it was dry, was mechanically sound, just needed the cuddy walls re-covered and the v-birth finished. Good look with it, it could be a really good buy, just with an unmotivated seller? Or it could be junk? Won't know till you see it in person with your own eyes.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:43 AM
Registered

I have found other adds on it but none of them had numbers in them. I guess I will do 1 more email to try and work it out.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 1,317 Likes on 735 Posts

Sounds like he doesn't want to sell it. I mean if someone seems hell bent on making it a PITA for me to give them my money,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well I'll just keep my money then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.