Notices

Blueprint pantera bottom

Old 02-22-2018, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blueprint pantera bottom

Has anyone one here ever blueprinted a 28 pantera or similar hull I'm in the middle of doing mine and was wondering if anyone noticed the before an after affects
cheers
Old 02-22-2018, 05:16 PM
Registered

I was thinking about doing my boat but it seems like it is not that worth the time for the results.Are you doing it on the trailer or is the boat going to be upside down?how
Old 02-22-2018, 05:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by turbos230
I was thinking about doing my boat but it seems like it is not that worth the time for the results.Are you doing it on the trailer or is the boat going to be upside down?how

i removed the boat boat from the trailer and have it sitting on barrels but I wish I had of removed the engines and turned it. filling and sanding while lying on your back is nasty 😷 But I'm nearly done now . Hopefully I will see results because when I checked the bottom with a 6 ftstraight edge there was a 1/4 inch hook on both sides . You should check yours out of curiosity. Put a light on the ground and use a sharp edge and you should see the light shine tru the gap if there is one
Old 02-22-2018, 05:46 PM
Registered

Yes I think I will try that,I have to find a way to suspend it in the air with cables from the beams in my warehouse.I would then pay someone to sand it because I am not willing to lay under a large CAT suspended by cables.That sounds like a big hook, what material are you going to use as the "bondo'
Old 02-22-2018, 06:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by turbos230
Yes I think I will try that,I have to find a way to suspend it in the air with cables from the beams in my warehouse.I would then pay someone to sand it because I am not willing to lay under a large CAT suspended by cables.That sounds like a big hook, what material are you going to use as the "bondo'

i sanded the whole area with 40 grit then built it up with fibreglass matting about 1/8 more than it needed then flattened it down with a long block air sander and now it's ready to re gell .... never again
Old 02-23-2018, 01:31 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

The gains will depend on how bad it was to start with. With a 1/4" hook removed, I think you'll see some decent gains.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

I did the bottom of my 24 Pantera years ago. Made a substantial difference in the way the boat carried.