Galleon Marina Key West WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

Notices

Galleon Marina Key West WORST EXPERIENCE EVER

Old 11-22-2017, 12:48 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by offshore312
The Galleon has a $10.7 million payout from a lawsuit in 2016 that they must be trying to offset by any means possible. Regardless, cheating others and gouging is not acceptable and the Galleon needs to make things right. If you have substantial evidence that you did not check out late, file in small claims in your home state. They will have to answer the suit. Also, reporting to the BBB can help, but it appears that the Galleon has no rating with the BBB and is not concerned.
What is the payout/settlement for?
Old 11-22-2017, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Saw the video you made on Facebook. What a load of crap.

Also explains how when we left last year we were #2 on the wait list and then over the Summer we became #7. They were obviously putting people ahead of us that they could charge more given we are only 32'.
I guess SIZE does Matter
Old 11-22-2017, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man paralyzed on his Key West vacation awarded a $10.75 million settlement

Barlow was visiting Key West on April 9, 2015, to celebrate his 40th birthday and was at the Galleon Resort and Marina, 617 Front St., when he dove from the Sunset Tiki Bar deck into the water below, striking his head on the hard bottom.

Barlow sued the companies’ owners for not having posted signs warning of dangers such as diving, which left him with a spinal cord injury so severe he is unable to breathe without a ventilator.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:19 PM
ben
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaRay SRV200

Barlow was visiting Key West on April 9, 2015, to celebrate his 40th birthday and was at the Galleon Resort and Marina, 617 Front St., when he dove from the Sunset Tiki Bar deck into the water below, striking his head on the hard bottom.

Barlow sued the companies’ owners for not having posted signs warning of dangers such as diving, which left him with a spinal cord injury so severe he is unable to breathe without a ventilator.
Sounds like he got paid 10.75 million because he decided to do something stupid.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ben
Sounds like he got paid 10.75 million because he decided to do something stupid.
You think thats bad...... Damn Canadian Government has paid over 10 mil each to f-ing terrorists who claimed they were mis-treated while prisoner. So far 4 x 10 mil and now some new douchebag is suing them for 50mil
Old 11-22-2017, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaRay SRV200

Pretty sure that water is crystal clear too...
Old 11-22-2017, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Video Chip posted on Facebook shows overwhelming evidence that they are wrong. Even if he gets things figured out the amount of lies they have told and poor customer service along the way is just plain sad, but becoming all to common nowadays.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:38 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by offshore312
Pretty sure that water is crystal clear too...
From the pics it looks like it's the ocean...not like he dove into their pool right ?

Sucks to have that accident,,,,,,but wow !!!!!!
Old 11-22-2017, 06:49 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by miller001
Worst customer service!! Watch your bills at this establishment!! Not only is this marina expensive, but they over charged me and charged me for a day that i wasnt there!! These people are unreasonable and impossible to deal with!!
We checked in on nov 4, 2017 and departed the morning of nov 11, 2017- i was given 2 seperate reciepts, one receipt was for 3 nights and the other receipt was for 6 nights. Once i noticed the error, i called immediately and spoke with cindy to discuss the mistake. Not only was this woman rude, she was impossible to deal with!!! She was argumentative and basically told me that we left late (after 2 pm) even though i had proof from my fuel purchase ( credit card receipt) and time stamped photo's/ text messages!!
The dispute was met with such contempt, i decided to cancel my reservation for next years race / poker run week - i was then told if i cancelled the reservation , they will keep my entire deposit of $1806.00!!! Remember they already have a wait list for next year so this is nothing more than price gouging consumers!! They already charge extra for race week and then they double charge on top of it!!
We have been going to this race/poker run week for well over 20 years and have a time share at the resort - still no consideraton was given. Unfair!! Rude!! Rip off!!!! Stay elsewhere!!!!
I have carried an amex platinum card since 78 and always use it for big ticket purchases. I can think of 7 disputes in four different countries that they backed me up 100%. Not happy, call them they will fix it.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Is this a Key thing?
A friend just got back from there and had to dispute 4+ credit card charges for overbilling at various places. Hotel, fish store, clothing store, boat ride. Everything is resolved now but on top of that he felt there was some price gouging going on too. Said he's never going back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.