Notices

What happened to Puder???

Old 11-28-2017, 05:25 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,109 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
My bad, thought they moved to Chicago....Anyway, lets hit SB. We'll check the swell. The Formula will be ok don't fret.
Phew, I was nervous for a few until I figured it out.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:03 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

You guys are stuck with me no matter what. LOL

15 years this month I have been here and it's the best thing I ever found on the internet. Of the 10 people I would say are my closest friends I met 8 of them here. And that percentage carries out to larger numbers for sure.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 2,970 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar

15 years this month I have been here and it's the best thing I ever found on the internet. Of the 10 people I would say are my closest friends I met 8 of them here. And that percentage carries out to larger numbers for sure.
yea, unfortunately for all of you I’ll probably never leave this place either. Been here since jeff started it as a classified site to sell his boats and I’ll be here til they shut the lights out lol.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just glad that dockrocker ******* doesn't visit much anymore. What a douche.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:47 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,224 Posts

Nostalgia is a pretty strong drug, maybe one of the strongest, but like most drugs it clouds memory and perception. Things were different in the early years of OSO, maybe more exhilarating because message board toys were fairly new when OSO started, Message boards gave voice to consumers/end-users in a way they never had it before. (Remember all the various threads about how Powerboat magazine sucked in one way or another? Those were fun to follow—even for a guy working at Powerboat.)

But you still have a vital community here. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Most people who participate are not butt snorts and this forum presents the opportunity for people to gather information and learn. Camaraderie still exists here.

Anytime I hear that OSO is "dead," I shake my head, laugh a little and consider the source.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 11-28-2017 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

Been here awhile myself. Some people get butt hurt way too easy-
If you cant laugh at yourself when your chit breaks down or someone pokes you a little then move on to that safe place your mommy built for you to play.
Some people are Way to serious.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:35 AM
Registered

Received 104 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Nostalgia is a pretty strong drug, maybe one of the strongest, but like most drugs it clouds memory and perception. Things were different in the early years of OSO, maybe more exhilarating because message board toys were fairly new when OSO started, Message boards gave voice to consumers/end-users in a way they never had it before. (Remember all the various threads about how Powerboat magazine sucked in one way or another? Those were fun to follow—even for a guy working at Powerboat.)

But you still have a vital community here. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Most people who participate are not butt snorts and this forum presents the opportunity for people to gather information and learn. Camaraderie still exists here.

Anytime I hear that OSO is "dead," I shake my head, laugh a little and consider the source.
Been here forever. Do not post much, but pretty much start every day with a read. Matt, I've been reading you even longer than I've been here. Used to subscribe to Powerboat back in the day. I remember not liking the negative things said about Powerboat. You do have a way with words! I spit my coffee with "butt snort".
Old 11-29-2017, 08:40 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,224 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary C
Been here forever. Do not post much, but pretty much start every day with a read. Matt, I've been reading you even longer than I've been here. Used to subscribe to Powerboat back in the day. I remember not liking the negative things said about Powerboat. You do have a way with words! I spit my coffee with "butt snort".
Thanks for the kind words, Gary. I'm flattered. The Powerboat stuff, as I said, was fun to follow. But it also was enlightening. You can get arrogant when the only feedback you get is a letter or two every month. While not every criticism made was valid, that we were getting direct real-time feedback put us on notice. That was good.

When my son was in pre-school, he called another kid a butt snort and ended up in pre-school jail (the timeout area). When the horrified lady who ran the school told me about it, it was all I could do not to spit my coffee out of my nose. I told her I'd talk to him about it.

And I did, right after I bought him ice cream on the way home.

His mom and I laughed about it for years. Anyway, butt snort is a favorite expression in our family.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:40 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Allan4 is a putz.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar

Met one of my very best friends in the world because of OSO. Even though we only lived 20 minutes apart at the time I doubt our paths would've ever crossed had I not sent him a PM. That was several years ago and we have both relocated but still talk at least weekly about the important sh!t and the not so important stuff as well. I've got tons of acquaintances but only a handful of truly close friends. Chris Bingham knows which category he falls in.

I think some of the best guys in our hobby/lifestyle are on this forum. I'll never leave, despite the random negativity.
The real idiots seem to have a way of getting weeded out.

Last edited by payuppsucker; 11-29-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.