4-SPEED Propeller Push In Progress

Notices

4-SPEED Propeller Push In Progress

Old 11-30-2017, 10:38 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,228 Posts
Default 4-SPEED Propeller Push In Progress

Designed for sportboats and performance center consoles, an array of four-blade wheels will be coming on strong for BBLADES in the New Year, https://www.offshoreonly.com/article...sh-in-progress.

From the OSO home page.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

OK, this prop interests me. Who on OSO has tried the 4 speed prop? What hull, engine and what we're your results?
Thanks,
Padraig
Old 11-30-2017, 12:41 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

How do you shift these...button or lever ?
Old 11-30-2017, 12:59 PM
Registered

Maybe buttons on the dash like an old Dodge.

Padraig
Old 11-30-2017, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried a set of 28's on my boat, they performed well and seemed to bite better than the Bravo's. My boat is 37' center console with twin Yanmar 6LP's and Bravo X drives. The performance was not significantly better overall to justify buying them. My boat is unique in that being turbo diesel, top speed and acceleration are nearly the same regardless of prop, the peak power is just made at different RPMs. I do get better MPG typically with lower pitch props though.

I own: all with diffuser ring removed.
23 Eco Enertias, pitched to 24.
24 Maximus, cup removed but full diameter.
26 Bravo, cup added.
28 Bravo FS
30 Bravo FS

The Eco's are best all around MPG but tend to blow out easily, 24 Maximus are great up to 40 on MPG but top end sucks, 30 Bravos are fastest.

I have tried 27 Mirage plus, 26 P5x, "labbed" 30 bravos, 29 P5's, and probably a few others I have forgotten about.

My boat seems to like Diameter, small diameter props don't work well. I am still tweaking a few things to try and get the Eco's to work all the time, if that doesn't work I may buy a set of 4-Speeds as the Bravo's work well and the larger blade and diameter of the 4-speed works well on my boat.

I will also say that these props seem very well executed, both motors were very close in fuel burn and EGT at similar RPM which is not that case with any Mercury props, the quality control at Mercury is terrible. I bought the 24 Maximus L&R about 6 months apart and they weren't even close to similar right out of the box from Mercury huge differences in finishing of the blades. Seems almost every set I buy from Mercury needs to go to Fj prop to get matched.

Also I may have a prop addiction problem!
Old 11-30-2017, 01:24 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

We have tried them on almost every hull design imaginable while testing the prototypes for Brett.
Fire away, Ill dig my notes out.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:02 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,228 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
Maybe buttons on the dash like an old Dodge.

Padraig
You guys crack me up, never fail. I'm sure you know this, but just to be clear, "4-Speed" is play on "For Speed" and "Four Blade." Maybe Brett Anderson was too clever for his own good with the name.

Hope you had a joyful and peaceful Thanksgiving.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I bought one and tested it on my race boat. Out of the box it was almost as fast as my best 5 blade prop. I sent it back for some fine tuning and tested again. Even better but I didn't race it because I ran out of time to do more testing before the worlds. I couldn't afford to gamble on it yet. I do see promise with it. I will have more data in the spring.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
I bought one and tested it on my race boat. Out of the box it was almost as fast as my best 5 blade prop. I sent it back for some fine tuning and tested again. Even better but I didn't race it because I ran out of time to do more testing before the worlds. I couldn't afford to gamble on it yet. I do see promise with it. I will have more data in the spring.
Thanks, What hull and power?

Padraig
Old 11-30-2017, 06:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
We have tried them on almost every hull design imaginable while testing the prototypes for Brett.
Fire away, Ill dig my notes out.
Would love to see any data you have on a Velocity. If not a VR 1 a 280 would be great.

Padraig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.