Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Florida Real Estate Advice >

Florida Real Estate Advice

Notices

Florida Real Estate Advice

Old 12-20-2017, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He's right ya know.....Pasco would be my last choice in this area. Other than a few small pockets of good there's a lot of bad, at least west toward the water. It's kind of the reverse of Pinellas where the majority of the area is good, with a couple small pockets of bad. I actually went to look at a boat that was kept on a lift in Pasco and even in a "waterfront" neighborhood (inland canal, but still waterfront technically) and I was pretty sure there were crackheads on the lawns of a few of these places. I think it would have been easier to buy meth than gas. I'm not saying we don't venture up that way now and then to visit your fine adult establishments, but we make our way back to civilization in Clearwater before it gets too late!
Old 12-20-2017, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by luke81
He's right ya know.....Pasco would be my last choice in this area. Other than a few small pockets of good there's a lot of bad, at least west toward the water. It's kind of the reverse of Pinellas where the majority of the area is good, with a couple small pockets of bad. I actually went to look at a boat that was kept on a lift in Pasco and even in a "waterfront" neighborhood (inland canal, but still waterfront technically) and I was pretty sure there were crackheads on the lawns of a few of these places. I think it would have been easier to buy meth than gas. I'm not saying we don't venture up that way now and then to visit your fine adult establishments, but we make our way back to civilization in Clearwater before it gets too late!
If you guys visit OUR adult establishments crackheads and meth must not bother you much !!!! It's all good we live in a beautiful little pocket of Pasco county and I wouldn't trade it for anything. But to each is own
Old 12-21-2017, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

We own a home in the Yacht Club area of Cape Coral. You can still buy a decent "vintage" canal front house for $400-$500k. We love everything about the area, from being pretty laid back, to all of the places that we can easily boat to on the water from Ft Myers beach and Naples up to Boca Grande without having to go "outside". No doubt the biggest challenge is the **** water that sometimes comes down the Caloosahatchee (that sometimes is getting more often). Besides general boating, we are also avid fisherman that enjoys all of the inshore and the close in offshore (30 miles) opportunities. I understand that the water will never be a vibrant blue/green color where the fresh and salt mix, but sometimes its really ugly. We have looked up and down the west coast and it is still our best choice for the mix of what we do, especially when we plug in our budget. IF there is a silver lining, it appears that a new basin will be going on line soon and that should alleviate much of the problem.

spl_caloos_c43_reservoir.pdf
Old 12-25-2017, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Pasco is terrible and has one "gem" in it to which you mentioned.

You could not pay me to live in that trash area! Dead serious here and a life long Pinellas county person. I know Pasco well and had some friends move there over the years all to come back. When you can by a family home for peanuts it isn't cause it's a "hidden treasure" it's cause the value in and around that area reflects the very low selling price.
On the east coast Port St Lucie is the Pasco county! My buddy lived with his mother in law for 3 years to save money so he could build on a lot he had in PSL. Gets the house done, moves in and loves the house/neighborhood. Within 5 years he wished he never left West Palm. People trash houses, RV's in the front yard with wheels taken off them, sex offenders living all around.....his one liner: PSL is for every loser than can't afford to live in Dade, Broward or Palm Beach county!
Old 12-25-2017, 10:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Good Info here.... real honest info. The wife and I are heading down in a week to do our final tour before committing to an area. What about sleepy Sebastian / Vero Beach or on the Gulf side Port Charlotte / Englewood?
Those are two areas we have narrowed down to liking because of the quiet slow pace and ease of access to good boating, not to mention pretty affordable.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fitchpowerboat
If you guys visit OUR adult establishments crackheads and meth must not bother you much !!!! It's all good we live in a beautiful little pocket of Pasco county and I wouldn't trade it for anything. But to each is own
LOL Hey sometimes you are up for a low-class adventure to Bare Assets, what can i say!?

There are some really great spots in Pasco for sure, it's a matter of knowing which ones they are
Old 12-26-2017, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Carbon Footprint
Good Info here.... real honest info. The wife and I are heading down in a week to do our final tour before committing to an area. What about sleepy Sebastian / Vero Beach or on the Gulf side Port Charlotte / Englewood?
Those are two areas we have narrowed down to liking because of the quiet slow pace and ease of access to good boating, not to mention pretty affordable.
We Boat down to Sebastian a lot, some water front places and a nice sand bar at the inlet. The inlet can get wild depending on tides and wind when you go out.

We like Captain hyrams and you can go south to Ft Pearce tiki bar.

Gulf side water is nicer, englewood is really slow. Port Charlotte has some nice homes on the water for good prices but you are not close to much.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
We Boat down to Sebastian a lot, some water front places and a nice sand bar at the inlet. The inlet can get wild depending on tides and wind when you go out.

We like Captain hyrams and you can go south to Ft Pearce tiki bar.

Gulf side water is nicer, englewood is really slow. Port Charlotte has some nice homes on the water for good prices but you are not close to much.
Love me some Captain Hyrams!
Old 12-27-2017, 01:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Carbon Footprint
On the Gulfside, those areas are nice. I'd be looking more south of the Sub-Tropic line though. I like the more tropical plants and slightly warmer & less chance of any frost. There's alot of us boaters down in the Fort Myers/Cape Coral/Naples area. FMO does alot of cool events too. Wouldn't want to be too far from my fellow boaters. If you can get past the ice tea colored water in the summer and fall in the Fort Myers/Cape Coral area, check it out! Don't get me wrong, the water is beautiful up in Englewood. Seems to me there is more of a fishing motif in the Englewood south to Port Charlotte.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

We are also looking. And looking very hard. But not going public yet with the family and most friends where we currently live as we don't know exactly what could happen but My wife's company is moving to Fort Myers and she found a place she loves in North Fort Myers. I've checked on the water conditions and see exactly what most of you guys are describing. To be honest it doesn't look much different then Back River up here on the Chesapeake. So my question to this group is? If we agree on a house (water front) in North Fort Myers, how long does it take to get to better water. My Wife having MS is not getting into the nasty water as her immune system is compromised but she does well in salt water. And basically she doesn't get in any parts of the Chesapeake. And Cash Bar I'll be in contact with you soon. Just feeling the Misses out to what she likes so I don't waste anybody's time. We are going down Feb 1st to start looking at potentials. And I'm pushing towards Naples. BTW this 10* weather up here is for the damn birds!

Last edited by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS; 01-03-2018 at 10:45 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.