Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
need some info on a 22' scarab.. >

need some info on a 22' scarab..

Notices

need some info on a 22' scarab..

Old 10-18-2002, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some info on a 22' scarab..

I would like to find out some info on a 22' scarab. Its a 1996 w/330 454 bravo.

Did this style or year have any structure problems?

Does the hull have any driving quirks?

Any other problems or tips about this boat?

I am asking this because My uncle (60yrs old) Called the guy up and offered $13,000 without even looking at it and the guy was asking $15,000. Why my uncle is buying a boat I don't know, I am baffled why he is doing so . I have looked around on the internet and the prices range from $18,000 to about $23,000. I have a bad feeling why this one is so cheap. I think he has in mind he buy's it and I do a whole "TOO OLD" makeover. He is headed to pick it up tonight, I just want to have some knowledge when this things shows up in my driveway

Here is the link bro's..

http://www.nmiginc.com/inventory.htm

Thanks, and I appreciate any advice...

Travis
Old 10-18-2002, 07:11 PM
JIM H
Charter Member

a friend of mine has a 1995 and loves the boat the only ***** he has about it is the vinyl graghic's have faded but other wise it's ok
good luck
jimh
Old 10-18-2002, 07:20 PM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

My friend says the same thing, but has been pretty happy with it overall.

Les
Old 10-18-2002, 09:36 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Travis I know of a brand new 1999 22 scarab that been sitting at the daler for a few years. If it has 3 hours on it from demos I would be suprised. It has a 502 with imco stearing They garantee 75 mph. At this point they would like to get rid of it. They are not a performance boat dealer and most people around here want a bigger boat so its a tough sale. I think they might take $35K for it. If you ask me thats a bargan. It's a sharp looking little boat.
Old 10-18-2002, 10:11 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Scarab

I had a 1995 22' for 4 years, used it hard. Decals do fade & come off, real expensive to replace. I had a 355 small block, 400 HP + Alpha & it ran 69.3mph with 6 adults, full tank of gas & Coleman cooler full of beer. It was fast & a lot of fun to ride. Removed swivel seats & installed sit down bolsters, big improvement. Had minor Gel coat stress cracks. Bought for $12000 in a distress sale & sold it after 4 years of fun for $16000. I was real happy with that & sold it to buy a Baja 24 Outlaw which is way too slow!
Good luck
John
Old 10-18-2002, 10:59 PM
Banned

Default Re: Scarab

Originally posted by Johno
I was real happy with that & sold it to buy a Baja 24 Outlaw which is way too slow!
Good luck
John
Quitcha *****in and just move up to the 33 like you want to.

BTW, used it hard if an understatement!
Old 10-19-2002, 05:42 AM
Registered

I had a 1995 22 scarab with same engine. Ran 68 on a 23 mirage and bounced rev limiter. Perfect running boat, level and handled greatly. Always garaged it, so don't know about fade. Keep the steering nuts tightened on the outside of the boat on top of the outdrive, mine had worn a bit. As for boat, not a complaint!!! Sold it to my buddy who just sold a month ago and it was still going without any issues. You'll be very happy with it!!
Old 10-19-2002, 07:56 AM
jb
Registered

let us know how the boat is...
Old 10-19-2002, 12:40 PM
Registered

Well he went down last ngiht to pick it up and the guy was not around , but he actually looked at the boat. He said the boat did not have a outdrive it was gone, he don't know if the guy has it off fixing it or it is sold like that LOL I'll let you guys know how it all goes. and thank you for the info from all of you bro's

I am headed to a wedding right now and tommorrow we are running the river suppose to be 48 degrees and have sunny .. but no rain

Travis
Old 10-20-2002, 01:15 PM
Registered

uhhh uhhh.. my head is still pounding from the wedding. from 4:30 to 12:30 drinkin.. ohh my i was so bombed I got outta bed alittle late today, so we did not go boating. We just got back from looking at my uncles new boat. Its not to bad, justa little rough because someone neglected it. Full of water, torn ulpolstry(spelling) just plain dirty. There was no drive because it was stolen a few days before he bought it. The guy gave him a recipt and told him he is sending a few guys up here to put a brand new bravo drive and trim cylinders on it, the bill he had was for $10,109 for the drive, cylinders, hoses, prop and the rest of the littel things.. So he didn't get a bad deal, $13,000 for the boat and a new drive to boot. It will get a refit over the winter. Someone had been in the motor cause it was painted orange. We are gonna pull that soon, and my uncle said he is going to pick up a 502/502 this week or maybe just a 540 short block from our buddy. We'll see how it goes.. Most of the work is around the motor and bilge area. It ended up having minnisota registration stickers on it.. I think I'l have my hands full for this winter with his boat, my motor, my cousins mastrcraft and the motor, plus my cousins 53 ford pickup to do a restoration..

Travis

Quick Reply: need some info on a 22' scarab..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.