One lost credit card=one bottle of rum >

One lost credit card=one bottle of rum

Notices

One lost credit card=one bottle of rum

Old 10-20-2002, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts
Default One lost credit card=one bottle of rum

Was pulling the boat up to storage today(snivel/cry) and had to stop at the ATM to get some cash to pay the storage guy, theres a visa card an air miles card and a couple of other cards sitting on the counter, nobody around, put em in my pocket till I did all my chit. Got home, looked up her name in the phonebook luckily it was a little strange and there was only two in the book. I spoke to her husband and he said his wife had lost her credit card, was very upset about it and had gone back to the bank and to several stores. I told him to bring her to the house with some ID to pick it up and he says "what do ya drink buddy?" I said rum, he said "what kind?" Bacardi white, he says "OK, see ya in about 20 minutes" Sure enough a mid 40s couple show up show up with some ID and a 40 ouncer of Bacardi in hand, the woman looking like she had just dried her tears.
The point of this is this couple handled this situation right, I could have taken them to the cleaners with that card and they knew it. Instead of saying "Oh, could you come up and drop it off to me....." and a "Thanks" He stepped up, came right over, didnt waste anymore of my time, many thank you's and brought a nice gift. I thought he might bring a 26er at the most, brings a 40, what a stand up guy. made me feel good about helping someone out..............Doug
Old 10-20-2002, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Doesn't it make you feel GOOD to help others.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:10 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

one time I found a wallet
this guy had his pin# on the back of every card
or at least what I thought would be one. All were 4 digits

I looked the name up and he said he lost it over a week ago and cancelled everything
I told him I would mail it out to him
He said, and I qoute " why the hell would I want it after you tried to use it"
This guy accused me right off the bat!
I told him to go F himself and I shredded everything.

Now to end this wonder full story.
About a month later I had a new hire at work.
I thought his name was somewhat familiar??
One night I made conversation with him and he remembered it all
He apoligized for being so rude. He realized after I hung up that he should have kept his mouth shut and let me mail it to him.
It ended up costing him alot of greif to get a new driver license.

Needless to say, with in 3 weeks he no longer worked for me since he was unable to get to work. Something about getting stopped for no license to many times in a short period.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me too. Found wallet laying near a trash can. Mucho credit cards and Drivers License. Looked up name in phone book. Got the right one cause I had his address from license.

Called left message on answering machine. He calls back. Then gives me the third degree. "Hope much cash is there??" "I had $200 in cash, where is it???" Etc., Etc. I got pissed about being acused of "stealing" his cash. Told him, "If you want the stuff come get it, but right now I wish I had just left it there or thrown it in the trash can!!!"

He sends wife. Nice lady, starts appoligizing for husband and wants to give me $25 reward. Told her to keep the money, her hubby needs it worse then me. And that I'm sorry I tried to be a good guy, cause he sure spoiled my day.