Notices

Miami 2018 International Boat Show

Old 02-12-2018, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 533 Likes on 330 Posts

TooLateVTEC,

Please contact BrettM

Brett's Phone number is here ==> BrettM Contact Info

Last edited by noli; 02-12-2018 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 45 Posts

Hey guys, I'm heading to Miami for the first time so any advice or tips other than the ones posted on the forum already is appreciated. Couple questions some of you might be able to answer.
1. We are staying at the Intercontinental downtown Miami how far away from the hotel is the water taxi?
2. How is the benches/seating at the show? I'm bringing my dad along with me and he is a little older so walking for 6 hours straight wouldn't be good.
3. Would love to get a ride on something Hi-perf is this even a possibility?
Old 02-13-2018, 10:15 AM
Registered

Don’t forget your sunglasses!

Florida isn’t called the Sunshine State by accident. When spending lots of hours in the sun, walking around, admiring the beautiful boats and their awesome booth setup, one can add enjoyment and pleasure to the whole experience with the use of a good pair of sunglasses. The sun is harsh and the glare can cause eye fatigue. One way to combat that is to wear a pair of soothing sunglasses. Over the years I have had many and the one that I am using these days are Maui Jim sunglasses. At the time that I purchased mine, the seller at Sunglass Hut told me that owning Maui Jim sunglasses comes with many perks. One that I remember the sales person telling me is the cleaning of my Maui Jim sunglasses for free at any MJ reseller stores. I was also told that should I damage my Maui Jim sunglasses, a new pair could be purchased at very discounted pricing. The only requirement was that I give them back the damaged pair of MJ sunglasses.

If you forgot to bring your sunglasses, Maui Jim has a booth at the Miami Boat show. Mine is ultra lightweight and polarized. Wearing them for hours doesn’t cause any discomfort. And when I’m inside and out of the sun, they’re light enough to hang on my shirt. If you have some free time at the show look for the Maui Jim booth and try on some glasses!

Old 02-13-2018, 10:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by iaoutlaw
Hey guys, I'm heading to Miami for the first time so any advice or tips other than the ones posted on the forum already is appreciated. Couple questions some of you might be able to answer.
1. We are staying at the Intercontinental downtown Miami how far away from the hotel is the water taxi?
2. How is the benches/seating at the show? I'm bringing my dad along with me and he is a little older so walking for 6 hours straight wouldn't be good.

I believe Performance Boat Center is giving rides to interested parties.

Their in-water booth info is here ====> Performance Boat Center

Last edited by noli; 02-13-2018 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:21 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by iaoutlaw
1) The Bayside shuttle is only about 200yds north on the seawall. You will need show tickets to board so buy online or at the Kiosk near the launch.

2) The main tent has lots of seating for the food court etc. On the docks most of the bigger displays have seating. Tell the reps the situation and I'm sure they won't mind lending a seat for a bit.

3) Most of the demos are done off the Mercury dock so start there. Can't hurt to ask.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by noli

TooLateVTEC,

Please contact BrettM

Brett's Phone number is here ==> BrettM Contact Info

Found a thread in the Doug Wright section with his email in it and sent him one, probably wont get a ride, but ya don't know if ya don't ask right? haha.