Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Speed Kills movie update, with VR footage, release date >

Speed Kills movie update, with VR footage, release date

Notices

Speed Kills movie update, with VR footage, release date

Old 11-16-2018, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You must be the only person I know who did not see Goodfellas, at least 10 times lol. Wolf Of Wallstreet is great!
Old 11-16-2018, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
It’s such a shame a reputable production company isn’t willing to tell don arronows true story. It doesn’t need much Hollywood twisting to be a good film.

I was was really hoping for a film similar to blow, American gangster, goodfellas, wolf of wallstreet, American made, etc...such a shame.
It's been tried before. Scot Free pictures (big production co) had the rights and were working with Don's son to base it loosely off the book but the script could never get agreed on, so it was shelved. Looks like this company picked it up and then again, sounds like the script couldn't get agreed on. I see a trend.

Last edited by thisistank; 11-16-2018 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 1,827 Likes on 716 Posts

My view is his family has enough legal clout to keep the true story from being told.

I hoped this one was it.

Oh well.

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
It’s such a shame a reputable production company isn’t willing to tell don arronows true story. It doesn’t need much Hollywood twisting to be a good film.

I was was really hoping for a film similar to blow, American gangster, goodfellas, wolf of wallstreet, American made, etc...such a shame.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just watched it. it was terrible.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by whomeyayoo
Just watched it. it was terrible.
as in, met your low expectations (let’s face it, I don’t think anyone was expecting Oscar gold)? Or like, failed to even meet your low expectations?

Travolta keeps making these sh!tty B movies he’s gonna need that piece of sh!t Tarantino to save his carrerr again!
Old 11-16-2018, 08:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Watched it expecting it to be highly inaccurate to performance boat people and it met that expectation in spades. The acting, the props, writing, editing, special effects and music are terrible. People are going to comment about the wrong boat, the wrong steps in the boat, etc. Its all summed up easily, this movie is a complete failure.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^^ agree with all that was stated it’s a POS and I have read all the books and the movie story line is all over the place. Was really looking forward to this since hearing about too. What a massive let down. It’s on demand on Direct TV if anyone want to waste 2 hours. Man the story has so much more potential.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’m watching it right now. I knew it would suck, but underestimated just how bad it could be. I can’t even put into words what a steaming pile this movie is.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

It got off to a bad start from the first boat ride. Twin 327s??? One outsrive and two exhaust pipes. Don’t mind the story. The CGI for the Bahamas run made me laugh out loud
Old 11-16-2018, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That movie cost me $7 and 2 hours I’ll never get back.....
When does the Reggie movie come out?? At least we know that one will be shorter, except for some drawn out scene at the beginning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.