Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
LOTO or lake Cumberland...where would you go? >

LOTO or lake Cumberland...where would you go?

Notices

LOTO or lake Cumberland...where would you go?

Old 01-08-2018, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Loto is not fun on a jet ski after 8:30 am on the weekends unless you are under the age of 20 and your body doesn’t mind getting the snot beat out of it. Lots to do at Loto just a little bumpy.

I wouldn’t bother to tow that far. Just fly and rent something. Stay at Camden and you have lots going on all the time. Lots of pool bars and fun places. You could have a blast and not even bring a boat. Uber around to the fun spots and you will meet plenty of people with boats.

Last edited by baywatch; 01-08-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:59 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboat28
What mm is best to stay around at Loto if you have never been there?
Anywhere from the 0-28mm on the Osage Beach or City of Lake Ozark side of the lake.
I prefer staying in the 12mm-20mm area. IMO, that is the best location for both land and water if you want to be close to most everything.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:44 AM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

We’ve been to both Cumberland and LOTO. Both lakes are fantastic in their own right. If you’re bringing children or a larger family group I would recommend renting a houseboat at Cumberland and bring your jet ski. The coves at Cumberland are great for parking houseboats and setting up camp. If you and your wife are going as a couple and just want to have fun with adult activities (bar hopping, dancing, riding on wild boats) LOTO would be the choice without the ski. You really can’t make a wrong decision here.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 597 Likes on 275 Posts

Bring your boat and do the ShootOut- You will not regret it.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

I love lake Cumberland but I have not made the trip to LOTO yet and plan to this summer. Either way you go, both are HUGE lakes and you will be much more comfortable in the boat. Cumberland is 100 miles long
Old 01-09-2018, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Being a Great Lakes boater with a 22 foot boat I can't help but smile as I read about how big and how rough these lakes are! Yes, I've seen many videos of LOTO and I've had my boat on Cumberland. Neither comes close to even our "little" Lake St. Clair. Cumberland was fun but rather smooth and boring. Anyway have fun!
Old 01-09-2018, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for all the great info! I guess l will do Cumberland with the waverunner this summer along with torch lake. And then maybe next summer l will tow the boat to loto. I just bought the sunsation this past summer and completey redone the trailer so l guess l will use it more local this summer to make sure things are ok beforer the long tow down there. Great to know loto can be that rough....l might have made the mistake of towing the waverunner there if l didn't get all this great info!
Old 01-09-2018, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by iroc fan
Thanks for all the great info! I guess l will do Cumberland with the waverunner this summer along with torch lake. And then maybe next summer l will tow the boat to loto. I just bought the sunsation this past summer and completey redone the trailer so l guess l will use it more local this summer to make sure things are ok beforer the long tow down there. Great to know loto can be that rough....l might have made the mistake of towing the waverunner there if l didn't get all this great info!
If you do Cumberland you should do the west end of the lake - not the east - so I'd recommend you stay at the State Park or Jamestown Marina. By far the better and prettier end of the lake and near the dam.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MINK
You will have no problem running a ski at Cumberland, I've heard LOTO gets rough but I like to boat lake Erie so what do I know?
lake erie has nothing on LOTO boating erie is like hitting a wake from a pontoon boat on LOTO I Hurd if you take your Prego girlfriend there that it will force the baby out of her vagina it is so ruff
Old 01-09-2018, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

LOTO (But, I am biased) and bring the boat. LOTO is a VERY unique place. From the time you arrive and unload your boat, basically you will not need your truck until you are ready to leave. There are literally hundreds of waterfront establishments and sight seeing places to visit, Our lake is 100 miles long and over 1500+ miles of frontage. Yes it can get rough, but that is generally Saturday. If you spend the week or an extended weekend, it is not an issue. Check VRBO for lodging, you can rent a condo for the same or less than a Motel and many include a slip or for a small up charge one is available. Most People prefer for their first visit being from the 1-22mm Osage Beach Side, but that is because they are looking for the most entertainment in the shortest distance. Osage Beach also has all the amenities you would expect, Shopping, Grocery Stores, Boat Dealers etc.

That being said, if you are looking for a quite week without all the hoopla, the upper numbers are MUCH quieter. My Best Suggestion is to contact https://www.funlake.com/, and get a visitors packet, I have heard there is even fuel vouchers and discount coupons to make you visit even more economical. (If there is such a thing in boating)

Cumberland is great! However, you can get the same experience at hundreds of lakes in the US. It is a wonderful place with Lots to offer but it is certainly not the same experience you will find at LOTO.

Again.... I am biased.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.