How long by boat pompano to miami

Notices

How long by boat pompano to miami

Old 01-10-2018, 10:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 366 Likes on 245 Posts
Default How long by boat pompano to miami

Inside by intracoastal? So many idle zone it must be a couple hours run, right?
Old 01-11-2018, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Why not go outside? Just about an hour from lighthouse point to government cut at cruise. Prob 3 hours going through the no wake zones.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

The last time I was in Broward some of the no wake zones were only active on weekends but on weekdays it was a 25 mph zone. Maybe someone local can verify if they still have it that way.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Not sure on days and time but there are minimum wake planing speed zones, and no wake zones. I'll be there tomorrow and will look
Old 01-11-2018, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 289 Likes on 138 Posts

From the Lighthouse Point inlet, Haulover is about 25 miles and Government Cut is about 35 miles. I would run the outside unless the seas are absolutely terrible, and then if that's the case, I would get in my car and drive. The no wake zones from Boca, down to Miami make the inside ride horrible.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
From the Lighthouse Point inlet, Haulover is about 25 miles and Government Cut is about 35 miles. I would run the outside unless the seas are absolutely terrible, and then if that's the case, I would get in my car and drive. The no wake zones from Boca, down to Miami make the inside ride horrible.
I grew up in Boca, when I first got on the water there the only "No Wake" was from the Palmetto Bridge to the Camino Bridge (essentially Lake Boca). You could run from Palmetto bridge north to the Delray line wide open (there was a marina in Delray so it was no wake). I knew a kid in high school that ran his dad's Top Gun WFO from Camino bridge south right into Royal Palm (dad was a blockbuster video/ waste management founder). Several fast boats in the area back then, the owner of the Bridge Hotel (right on the west side of the inlet) kept a 50 Wellcraft Meteor on a lift. Maybe someone will remember the name of it, it was there for years. I think it was named "the Duke"

I could remember hearing big I/O stuff taking off from the Camino bridge and looking down that long narrow channel (ICW is super narrow there) and seeing them come but you always heard them first!

Last edited by Jupiter Sunsation; 01-11-2018 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

go on the outside as stated above , I have been both way's a number of times , just cruise a half mile or so offshore and then head south , takes less then an our at 50 to 60 mph cruise and if your running the Sonic then you will have no problem unless it's 6 to 8 's or bigger

I ran my 38 sonic all the time on that run , if it's flat then it makes for a boring ride " anything under 3 footers

mike
Old 01-11-2018, 04:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 366 Likes on 245 Posts

i was just trying to rent an open bow to go to miami from boynton, but they would not let us go outside for insurance, but i still wanted to go to miami. that is why i was asking how long from inside. they rent from 10 am to 4 pm so that was not enough according to my guess...

so seems like a 3 hours run inside. might have to rent closer to miami to make it in their time lines...

or bring down the sonic!

Thanks for your answers!
Old 01-11-2018, 05:38 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Weekdays and weekends are different. Weekends, I believe it is ALL no wake. Weekdays, there are a few places you can run on plane at 25 or 35mph.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:49 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a place in Hollywood just south of Dania Beach Blvd @ A1A and Franklin St. Google map it and might get a business name to call. They rent bowriders and its not to bad of a trip to Miami or Ft Lauderdale from there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.